1. We return 8 starters on both offense and defense. Key losses from last year were RB-Shonn Greene, TE-Brandon Meyers, WR-Andy Brodell, C-Rob Bruggeman, G-Seth Olson, DTs-King and Kroul, and CB Bradley Fletcher. Each of these guys were either drafted or given FA contracts, execept for Brodell, who failed his physical after needing to have surgery the year prior to fix a torn hamstring.
2. Our best WR was the 3rd string QB last year (Marvin McNutt).
3. We've run a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets this year, often looking to throw first as defenses have stacked the box with regularity. If Moeaki is healthy, you'll still see your fair share of 2-3 TE sets as well.
4. Our punter is one of the biggest weapons on the team. He's been spotting the ball inside the ten with regularity and can also crank out 60 yard, field-flippers as well.
5. Night games at Kinnick are a rarity, with this being only the third in history that starts after 6:00. Tailgating will still commence before the crack of dawn.
6. Need to be aware of #3 Brandon Wegher, true frosh RB. He's the real deal and should only get better as he matures over the next couple years. Good receiver out of the backfield as well.
7. At one time or another this season(or for Hampton and Bernstine, every game) Iowa has been without the following starters...
...previous editions of Iowa teams could not have sustained these losses and still be undefeated at this point. This is the deepest Hawkeye team I have seen in my 25 years of watching.
8. Hope after Saturday night you guys can resume your asecention back into the elite of CFB. Classy program and the Big Ten needs a successful Michigan program to return to prominence. Hope we both stay healthy. Make sure to wear your long underwear...gonna be a chilly one!