To while away the time during the off-season, I put together my top five moments of the RR era. My list has the theme of "our heart is bigger than yours and we're also faster than you are". Feel free to theme your top 5 accordingly.
If I were better at uploading content, each would be accompanied by a video. Unfortunately, a youtube link will have to suffice.
So, without further ado:
5) Denard's first play. Obvious, but it is included for the Denard/Tate manlove that follows the play as well as Tay Odom's flying ninja block on the Western Michigan D-lineman. All heart (henceforth: hart).
4) Brandon Graham knocks Glenn Winston back into 2008, and Glenn begs to be sent back to prison. This hit is amazing on a lot of levels, but the fact that it came so close to the goal-line highlights Graham's hart. He'll be missed. *Unfortunately, neither youtube nor google have this video available.
See also, the Ohio State goal-line stop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQfcytu6ItI (7:14) Again, hart.
3) Tate's two jumping endzone plays against Indiana. I believe dude injured his shoulder either on the first one or prior to it, and he still chucks himself into the endzone for a two point conversion. Dude's got ups. Gritty ups. Hart.
2) RVB's hulk-out in the Indiana game. After making the wrong line-check that helped UM give up the 80-yard TD run, RVB is in on all three plays on the next drive.
1) Tay Odom's block in the 2008 Minnesota game. The highlight of a miserable season. Odoms sprints past a fading Shaw just to put a block on a safety about 50 yards downfield in a season where nothing was going right. Odoms winded himself just for the possibility of putting a block on somebody and helping his running back into the endzone. Hart and speed, but mainly hart.