Here are a few of my favorite sentiments to come from the fair weather fans on this board.
10. (Ater MSU, Iowa, PSU) What is the deal with the play calling? This is a disgrace.
9. (After Delaware State)This offense is going to dominate the Big Ten for years to come.
8. (After ND) Tate could be the first heisman freshman.
7. (After PSU) Tate looks really bad. We need more Denard.
6. (After ND) 10 wins is well within the realm of possibility.
5. (After PSU) We will be lucky to get 7 wins, need a split between Illinois and Purdue.
4. (After MSU) Although we lost, tate clearly wants the ball in his hands at the end of a game and almost led us back again.
3. (After PSU) What happened to Tate? He stinks in cold weather.
2. (After EMU) RR clearly has this program on track and has this program where he wants it.
1. (After PSU) RR is in over his head and this team is regressing.
Analysis: Alot of Michigan fans are extremely fair weather and live week-to-week. Living in "the vacuum of the now" with no long-term perspective. Greedy, want it all and want it now. It doesn't work that way.
Today sucked but that is what it feels like to be rebuilding. We are still 5-3. If we go 1-3 over the next 4 weeks then you can call me out for this post but 2-2 or better and we are who we thought we were (to quote Dennis Green).
I know it is frsustrating to see enough talent on the field to win every game, but what we lack is experience and that matters BIG TIME in college football. Notice BG, DW, BM, and CB play well in big games due to their experience. Now others with experience but lack of talent (see 2009 linebackers) ride the coaster.
So, basically the formula is: talent + experience = on-field success.
Most of our players have only one of these which leads to huge successes and huge failures. Learn to deal with the coaster and it will make you enjoy 13-0 in 2012 all the more.