As we all know, there is not just a correlation but a proven and undisputable cause and effect between the clothes and rutuals of a true Meeeechigan fan and how the team plays.
So, as I left the UMass game, I was bothered by what I had done to make the game so close. I went over a mental checklist:
- Wearing MGoBlog's "Why There's No Mascot in Ann Arbor T-shirt
- M magnets and flags on the car
- Played MMB's "Fire Up It's Saturday" CD on the 4 hour drive to AA
- Wearing M hat with the stadium redidication pin
- Tailgated before the game
I was confused until I reached into the cooler for a liquid brain lubricant after the game. Oh shit! No alcohol before the game -- how could I have been so stupid? The first 2 games were at 3:30 so, naturally, we had a couple of drinks during the tailgate. But, with the early game and a 9:30 start to the tailgate, I had shirked my duties.
It will not happen again this week. I can not let the team down.
C'mon guys, fess up, what mojo did you skip last Saturday?