I grabbed a WSJ before my class today and turned into the sports section and noticed a picture of Darius Morris. The article talks about College Basketballs One-Man Gangs and Backcourt MVP's. The article examines players who contribute the highest percentage of their teams FGM's.
Among the top ten conferences in college basketball, Darius Morris has the highest percentage of their teams FGM's.
Heres the top seven players:
1.Darius Morris-Michigan- 53.4% of teams FGM
2. Diante Garrett-Iowa State- 47.2% of teams FGM
3. Jimmer Fredette-BYU-46.8% of teams FGM
4. Kemba Walker-UConn-46.3% of teams FGM
5. Tu Holloway-Xavier-44.8% of teams FGM
6. Reggie Jackson-BC - 43.7% of teams FGM
7. Aaron Johnson-UAB- 43.7% of teams FGM
The highest Div 1 contributor for his team is Chris De La Rosa of Maryland-Balitmore Country at 54%.
(all information is thanks to Darren Everson of WSJ)
Nice to see Darius "the butterfly" Morris getting some love by the media, especially from the WSJ. Hopefully he keeps up the good work and leads the program back to prominence .
Sorry i dont have a link to this article, I couldnt find it on the website.