I tooled around with a redesign for the new comment threads after watching the new boards fluctuate like crazy. See below:
- Changed the header section to prioritize the title, author, and notification of newness
- Metadata like points, post date, and join date are still featured in the top but offset in size and color
- The text is easier to read as the lines are a little tighter with more space between paragraphs.
- Threading is easier to follow as the comment box has a background and border.
- Despite adding more info than the current design, it takes up less space on the screen.