No. Minor will probably have around 1200, maybe 1300. We might have 1800 as a team. Minor probably isn't going to average 2 TDs a game either. Maybe he'll get like 16-18.
Way to take the air out of a legit OP.... even if you disagree with his "bold" and "hopeful" prediction, jrt336, at least offer one up of your own?
Here's mine: Stevie Brown leads the team in sacks and tackles. Graham draws too many double teams this year... but it opens up for Brown to become a monster on the strong side. HIs coverage skills(not the ones down field!) give him multiple tackles in the flat
I think that's why it's a "Bold-Ass" prediction. Also, we finished last season with 1771 rushing yards. So, I guess you're not looking for much improvement on that? Here's my go: 2600-2700 rushing yards as a team to lead the Big Ten. Tate completes 62% of his passes.
Those predictions (2600 yards rushing/62% completion rate for Tate) are actually pretty realistic for 2009. That is only 200 yards rushing per game (assuming we play 13) and I feel confident that UM will get pretty close to that figure and possibly exceed it. Tate is a much better passer than TP who average over 60% last year for OSU, so I think he has a good shot at 62% in 2009.
Bold-ass predictions for those two categories would be more like 3300 yards rushing and 70% completion rate for Tate.
If that's all we have then Tate must be passing like crazy or we are in serious trouble. I expect that the team will be over 2400 but, I don't see Minor getting 1800 since RR likes to spread it around.
Obi Ezeh finished top 3 in the big ten in tackles.
I'll say that Tate and Shoelace will share the Heisman Trophy, and after the ceremony Barwis will chew it in half so each can take it home to mom & dad.
Now there's bold! That's what I came in here for!
Hey. OP. I like you. I like you for two reasons:
1. Bold-Ass Predictions
2. Brandono Minor
When Rodriguez subs Brandono Minor in at running back he averages over 11 yards per carry because the lower half of his body is just a giant Cuisinart instead of legs.
My Bold-Ass Prediction is that Michigan will beat Illinois....by 60.
My bold ass-prediction is:
Our kick and punt returners will fumble three times or less this season. I just pray that they're not all in one game.
It's sad that I consider that so bold. I dearly hope that you're right though.
that it's not against ND again.
13-0. Michigan defeats Florida in the national title game. Why not - beating Florida in a bowl game is a regular practice for Michigan.
I think you mean UM beats ND for a second time in the title game. Lou Holtz said they would make it there.
Michael Shaw has over 1,000 all purpose yards.
I nearly spit out my coffee.
My Bold-Ass predictions:
1) Brandon Minor 1,200+ yards rushing.
2) Tate & Denard combine for 1,000+ yards rushing.
3) 3,000+ yards rushing for the team.
4) We beat OSU.
5) Boren crys like a baby after the game.
Graham, Martin and Campbell make Boren cry like a baby DURING the game....
My edit button is gone, so I'll edit my post here.
5) What jg2112 said.
6) Boren hides donuts in his socks and eats them in the huddle.
BIG years from Stevie Brown and Montavious Odoms
Big win over Notre Dame--two TD's
Big Win over Sparty--two TD's
Win at Iowa
Win at Camp Randall
Big Win over Penn State
I finally quit smoking
If I could pick ONE of those to not come true, it would be the smoking. I really love my Camels.
By 2010, Michigan's special teams will be among the Top 3 in the country. I'm talking up there with Florida and ....er....Virginia Tech.
Given our recruiting I think that this could definitely happen. Competition at every position, especially with the speedy slot ninjas would make special teams where many of our recruits begin to stand out.
We score 70 in the opener vs Western and tell the world to shut the "F" up! Oh yea they have 10 and BG kills there quarterback literally.
Tresselvest gets fired. Pryor transfers to Arkansas.
Here are my Michigan ones AND my non-Michigan ones.
- Michigan beats OSU (in my mind this isn't as bold as many people think
- Brandom Graham wins the Lombardi award
- Zoltan wins the Ray Guy Award
- Team will finish with positive net turnovers
- One kickoff or punt will be returned by Michigan for a touchdown
- USC does not win the Pac-10
- Florida goes wire-to-wire #1
- Post-bowls, no one from the B12 North will be in the top 15
- Georgia Tech wins the ACC
- Post-bowls, the Big East finishes with 2 teams in the top 25
- Iowa will finish 5th or lower in the B10
That's all I've got for now.
your non-michigan ones aren't very bold. i actually think most of those will probably happen esp florida, iowa, and the big 12 north sentiment
-Michigan wins 8 or 9 games
-Michigan beats two of these teams: OSU, PSU and MSU
-The Michigan defense and offense BOTH rank in the top 3 in the Big Ten
-Michigan drops 0 punts and 0 kickoffs this year
-MSU only wins 7 games.
5 Bold Predictions - Mostly focused on the Defense.
1. 10 win season with a win over OSU
2. Mike Martin knocks two QBs out of games during the course of the season.
3. Brandon Graham sets a new Michigan sack record.
4. Stevie Brown has a very good year with an all big ten honorable mention.
5. Donovan Warren stays for his senior season.
I'm hoping that Donovan Warren stays not only because I think he could be a lockdown type corner with another year of experience and I think he'd go higher in the draft. I think he'd go higher because I expect teams to throw a fair bit against us simply because our secondary is weak and thin (not that our D-line is the greatest ever, but it is better) so Warren won't look as good this year due to the rest of the team.
We'll see though.
1. We beat OSU and PSU.
2. We lose to Western.
1. Stevie Brown is an all-Big Ten linebacker
2. Minor AND one of the other RB's go over 1,000 yards.
3. Michigan beats MSU and OSU.
4. Tate is the freshman all-american at QB (is this THAT unrealistic or not?)
5. CMU over State
6. Rodney doesn't blow another save this year.
I've got a LeFeavour, and the only prescription is more MSU losses.
Seriously though, I think that CMU has a very legit shot of beating MSU. I think Dan LeFeavour is a very good QB (who here wouldn't have stolen him last year?) and State lost a lot of offense.
The only bad thing about MSU losing to CMU is that it makes the B10 look bad and the conference needs all the good PR is can get.
But after I put my pants on, I score touchdowns, babies.
Brady wins the league MVP as the Pats win the Super Bowl.
Michigan passes for more TD's then Runs.
2 to 1 ratio on TD's to Int's
Michigan wins 15 games this season. After the last game Columbus implodes, leaving a scarlet and gray sink hole. Drew Sharp writes a column praising Rich Rodriguez.
Brandon Graham sacks Terelle Pryor 4 times leading to 3 fumbles and 2 defensive TDs, Tate and Denard run around OSU's defense in a Big House smacking, 49-24.
1. Michigan wins nine or ten.
2. The Big Three and little eight are back.
3. MSU goes 5-7.
4. Robinson gets at least thirty percent of the snaps in November.
5. Terelle Pryor is injured early but soldiers on, like Minor did last year; OSU goes 7-5 with a loss to UM.
Mich goes 11-2
Minor rushes for 1500, with 12 td's.
Tay Odoms has 35 catches for 500 yards and 5 scores.
Denard racks up 700 all purpose yards, with 6 rushing/receiving td's over 50 yards.
Tate passes for 2200 yards, 20 td's against 10 picks
Obi Ezeh has monster year, 120 tackles.
Justin Turner finishes year as starting safety and smokes a bunch of dudes a la Tommy Hendricks.
Michigan gets national reputation for insane speed and big play ability, routinely busting 50-60 yard plays.
We beat OSU.
During the OSu game Brandon Minor rushes for 350 yard and has 200 yards recieving. After the game however he runs over to Tressel, rips the sweatervest off of him, shoots him the finger, kicks Boren in the nuts, then precedes to beat the shit out of Brutus for giving him an akward look.
With all the potatoes I'm eating, my ass will soon be as wide as the back seat of a '62 Corvair.
Charlie Weis's cholesterol level will exceed his weight.
it's not a bold prediction if it's already true!
- Michigan will go 12-0, but forfeit their bowl game as a protest over Dantonio making a snide comment about GERG's hair.
- Woolfolk will break the sound barrier...running backwards.
- Zoltan Mesko will reveal that he is not, in fact, Emperor of Space, but instead an inter-dimensional traveler and Sultan of the 6th Dimension.
- MGoBlog will go a week without a post about MSU.
- Moosman will invent the hoverbus.
- CiL's will be scientifically proven to jinx the team. The company will fold under an alumni-led boycott.
- Denard will win a race against Tate. McFarlin will concede defeat.
- I will learn to love and respect the Minne$ota LOLphers
Okay, that last one was more an impossibility than a bold prediction.
We sweep the three rivalry games this year: ND, MSU and (somehow) OSU.
UM's average margin of victory will be by at least three TDs per game.
MSU will have a winning record by season's end.
Dantonio wins the Heisman, as first Coach to do so ever.
1. We win all three major rivalry games this year.
2. Brandon Minor wins the Heisman.
3. Tate Forcier is a Freshman All American
4. Denard Robinson has 1,000 all purpose yards.
5. We have two 1,000 yard backs.
Coach Barwis wrestles Hurricane Bill - and wins.
I thought he already did.
Michigan goes 10-2, wins the Big Ten Title and RR earns coach of the year.
If I run into Minor at St Pattys Day this year, I will definitely refer to him as Brandon O'Minor. I hope he looks like this:
My bold-ass prediction: Terrelle Pryor tears his ACL in the 5th week of the season, and we finish the regular season 9-3 after creaming OSU 42-17.
Space Emperor gains 45 yards rushing. Scores TD on Fake Punt vs. ND to win game.
Since ESPN told him he better have a bold prediction since he wouldn't use the company's suggested "Yankees will win the AL East" last year, I shall quote John Kruk:
The Pirates will win the National League Central.
TWJ will not only be the starting QB but he will also be the starting safety, where he will break both clavicles but continue to play on to an All-American season at both positions.
game despite going winless in the SEC because the SEC is just that tough.
- We will average no less than 7 OSU threads a week, 3 ND threads a week, and 9 [TEAM REDACTED] threads a week.
- We will average at least 1 comment thread every other week about how many [TEAM REDACTED] threads are being posted
- At least one thread will garner 200+ posts because someone calls for RR's head.
- Dex will mention Miley Cyrus at least twice.
- Three people will get the BANHAMMER.
-Michigan wins 8 games (including a bowl game).
-Michigan beats OSU.
-Denard Robinson will take the starting job by the end of the season.
-Mike Martin will lead the Big Ten in sacks and be All-Big ten.
-Donovan Warren will be All-Big Ten.
-Zoltan will win Ray Guy.
-Michigan will have 2 special teams touchdowns.