Tonight was the final night of the Red Berenson Show over at The Arena Sports Bar.
Red said that Michigan will face the following teams in the non-conference (You can also check out @MattSlovin on twitter for confirmation)-
- A road series against New Hampshire
- A road series against Nebraska-Omaha
- A single home game with Boston University
- A single home game with Boston College
In addition, these games are already confirmed. Red also said that B1G Conference play won't begin until December.
- A home and road series with Minnesota
- A home and road series with Wisconsin
- A home and road series with Penn State
- Two home-road series with ohio (One taking place in a Friday-Monday format)
- A road-home, road-JLA series with FYS.
- A single road game at RIT on 10/12. It is their homecoming game and it will be played at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester due to it being a large event every year.
- Home series against Tech on 11/1-11/2
- A series with Ferris State. Site is still TBA.
- GLI Semifinal vs Denver on 12/27 at Comerica Park
- GLI Game vs Tech or FYS on 12/28 at Comerica Park
- B1G Tournament on March 20-22 at the Xcel Energy Center in Saint Paul, MN
Like the CCHA, the B1G will also use shootouts should a game be tied after the overtime period. The point system for the conference standings is still TBA but I expect it to be close to what the CCHA was if not the same.
NOOOOO!!! RT @AndyBaggotWSJ: According to Jen Heppel of the Big Ten, the new men's league will use a shootout after overtime ties in 2013-14
EDIT: Also per @umichhockey, Lindsay Sparks signs with the Fort Wayne Comets of the ECHL. Debuts wednesday night. The Komets are the secondary farm team of the Anaheim Ducks, whose farm team is the Norfolk Admirals of the AHL.