I just saw this quote by Spike Albrecht posted on the Michigan Basketball twitter feed.
"Coach tells me to stay ready, that's my roll. I don't care that they target me, if I saw me out there, I'd probably go at me too."
It may not be post worthy, but it made me laugh for a solid minute. It shows how self-aware Spike is, and it probably helps explain why no moment is too big for him. Just the thought of Spike seeing a Spike-clone on another team, and then going right at him, is very funny to picture in your head.
In all seriousness, he has performed admirably in the tournament:
- SDSU - 5 min, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 TO
- VCU - 15 min, 3 pts, 50% FG, 1 reb, 2 ast, 1 TO
- Kansas - 11 min, 3 pts, 100% FG, 1 reb, 1 TO
- Florida - 14 min, 7 pts, 75% FG, 1 reb, 1 ast, 3 stl, 0 TO
- Syracuse - 4 min, 6 pts, 100% FG, 1 reb, 0 TO
- TOTALS - 49 mins, 19 points, 78% FG, 5 rebs, 4 ast, 3 stl, 3 TO
Not too bad for a 5-11 170lb True Freshman with no major offers, playing against pressing defenses, in the biggest games of his life.