Hey guys. I am interviewing Jim Brandstatter tomorrow afternoon and figured there's a ton that I could ask him. I thought I'd enlist your help to get me the best question set possible. I'll pick the best ones besides the ones I've already set aside. Thanks for the help!
Ask Jim Brandstatter
Who are you?!
The next Barbara Walters.
With the three obvious distinctions among Loyd Carr, Rich Rod and Coach Brady Hoke who do you enjoy interviewing the most and why?
He wouldn't answer that. He's too PC
This was probably going to be asked anyway, but do you have a favorite game that you've called? Or can you at least name some of your favorites?
how is calling a Lions game different than calling a Michigan game, and which does he enjoy more?
"Michigan wins!" about twice as many times in his career as the Lions?
for so long, I'm sure there's plenty to be said not only of how the team itself has evolved, but also the fan base.
What does Jim think of the mobilized online UM community? Does he read MGoBlog?
- Did you read Three and Out?
- If so, would you recommend it to your old teammate Dave Brandon, who (according to Departmental press releases) has not read it?
- Would you confirm the accuracy of Bacon's reporting of your conversations with him?
- Can you more fully expand on your own conversations with Michael Rosenberg and Mark Snyder, regarding their 2009 reporting?
- As someone who is both a member of the media but also a quasi-official representative of Michigan football, how do you feel about the current treatment of John U.Bacon by the Athletic Department (shunning his book, cutting off his access, banishment to the back row of the press box, canceled as a speaker by the University of Michigan Club of Greater Detroit -- the latter of which I presume Jim is a member, possibly a former Board member, and who is himself one of the organization's most oft-requested speakers and hosts)?
that's more of an interrogation than an interview
I'd love to hear the answer to these questions!
Maybe pose them differently, more tactfully, but it WOULD be interesting if he answers them truthfully.
Those are great questions and are also fair.
Please ask these!!
Tell us about Bo's last day.
Did you get my last twitter message?
Check it, y'all.
Considering the creation of the Big Ten Championship game, split divisions, as well as Nebraska's program, what is your experience with Nebraska joining the Big Ten? Is it overall positive, negative, neutral and why?
What was his favorite Michigan team to watch from the press box ?
french crullers and bear claws as much as glazed donuts?
Ask him how he survived 2008 with his teams going 3-25. I was waiting to hear about him having a heart attack that year.
On that note, a more positive question to ask could be:
Given the 2008 seasons for UM and the Lions, which seemed farther away: playoff birth for the Lions or BCS bowl win for UM?
1. What effect do you think Urban Meyer will have on the rivalry? On recruiting?
2. Michigan exceeded expectations this year by all accounts. How far away is Michigan from being named among those in the national championship hunt?
3. How does Michigan beat Alabama this September?
4. When the pressure is on, do you think about brunettes?
5. Taco Bell or Wendy's?
Jim, we have seen a lot of interaction between you and Coach Hoke on camera (Inside Micigan Football, etc). What's the best off-camera story you can share about Coach Hoke this first year? Something the rest of us did not get to witness...
This one, I like this one.
Who's his favorite player from 132?
Jim, between you and me, does Patrick Omameh really know where the magic happens or is he just confused?
I've always been interested in his travel schedule when he calls Michigan and Lions away games on back to back days and how challenging that might be. Who coordinates that for him?
You can book a flight and hotel in five minutes. Anymore brainbusters? Jk hahaa
That's a great topic! I heard (or maybe read?) him discuss that once, briefly, and I know he's got some stories of when he almost didn't make it to a Lions game on time.
Jim, is Doug Karsch really nine feet tall?
Are you taking Karsch or Taco Pants???
I have not seen that one. Love it.
Who's been the best kid to interview in all the time he's been around the program?
Has he been surprised by increased jersey sales in Ohio, or was that expected?
- Did he think Junior's final catch against Iowa this year was a touchdown?
- Does he like the current state of college football and where it is headed?
- Does Michigan football and the Michigan football experience need to be "branded" or "re-branded" to make it more attractive?
- How's his hot wife?
- How long will Hoke be able to keep Borges and Mattison at Michigan?
- Will broadcasting (as a business enterprise) ever allow another Ufer-style partisan to call Michigan games?
- Has the NCAA lost credibility as an effective governing body for college football?
- How many games per team in a single season are too much in college football?
- What is his favorite football memory as a player? As a broadcaster?
I would remove keeping Borges though. He is ok, but so far I am not impressed. Since I don't coach for a living I will leave it up to Brady. As if I have a choice in the matter. Lol
Shep calling the basketball games is kind of like a homeless man's Ufer.
why do you think Preachleach thinks your wife, Robbie Timmons is Hot? Do you agree?
Would you eat the moon if it was made of cheese? It's a simple question, just say yes and we'll move on.
Why do the ohio coaches lie so much and do things without any conscience? Has this helped Dantonio become an asshole too? Why does Dantonio make me feel dirty? Do you feel like showering after interviewing Dantonio or an ohio coach?
Have you ever stood in front of A mirror naked and said "damn I'm hot" ?
Jim, coming from a Spartan family, can you tell us why you chose to attend The University of Michigan instead of Michigan State?
Here's mine.....Have you ever met Lloyd Brady?