After having had to put up with various OSU fans exulting in the (hopefully brief) downturn of Michigan football, I find it somewhat annoying that these same people have told me that I should be rooting for Ohio State in the Rose Bowl - you know, "as a fan of the Big Ten."
Oh, noooo my friend. No no no no no no no.
I hope they lose. I hope they lose BIG. I hope that Ducks vs. Bucks is an ugly massacre that will have parents ushering their children from the living room, and oh yes, I very much hope that OSU is on the wrong side of it.
Am I a bad person?
Perhaps. But I have five very good reasons to root against OSU tomorrow:
5) Any OSU fan who says that they would ever, at any time, root for Michigan in a bowl or any other game - "as a fan of the Big Ten" - is a liar.
4) If the Ducks' spread offense annihilates OSU, it will be further reason for optimism for the RichRod era at Michigan
3) The beautiful quiet that I will enjoy on Monday as OSU fans avoid me all day.
2) I just like to see them lose.
1) I'm afraid that I might go to Hell if I root for Satan, even for one game.
Please feel free to add your own reasons for rooting against OSU...