by Minnesota on the Big10 Network in a replay of their game with Air Force. Oh My God. Never, never should we wear maize.
I saw that last night and thought the same thing. They were hideous.
that is too much gold.
On a side note:
I am glad to see they opened that stadium. Don't have to play in the dome anymore when we go there. Pretty cool stadium too (even though it pales in comparison to the mighty big house)>
I didn't mind the Metrodome. Michigan was undefeated against Minnesota in that building.
They were atrocious. They wore them once in 2007 against Ohio State. Just ugly beyond belief.
were horrible - but at least the helmets weren't gold - still looked better than some of the fashion disasters the Oregon Ducks have worn
but the board talked about Oregons uni's last night. Duck feathers on the shoulder pads? Their cheerleaders have tread plate on their uni's too. I would say that is more hideous than the Minnesota uni's (apparently a special occassion jersey).
i change my mind. never should we do that.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a breakthrough!
what do you think we'll see first, maize jerseys/maize paints or blue jerseys/blue pants??
This gave me shivers of terrible.
Our next change will probably be blue pants on the away uniforms although I do not think it will happen anytime soon.
My wife, who hates sports for the most part, looked at them things and wondered what the hell the Geaufurs were thinking when they designed them.
And actually, I always thought that the maroon jerseys (along with the maroon helmets) and gold pants looked very good.
Thanks to Pete Carroll at USC, you can now go "color vs color" in jerseys as along as there's enough contrast between the two teams(ie Michigan blue vs UCLA blue--Yes, but Michigan blue vs Penn State blue--No). The rules don't cover pants or helmets, just jerseys.
So given that, here's MHO about what our future unis should be:
1) Michigan should always wear the home blue jerseys and maize pants at home (duh), AND wear them whenever possible on the road, esp at East Lansing, Columbus, and bowl games!
2) If blue jerseys aren't possible on the road due to dark jerseys on the home team (ie @PSU, @Ill, @NW, @Iowa, @Pur, @ND), then wear a new primary road uniform of maize jerseys and blue pants!
3) If for some reason maize jerseys aren't possible either (@Minn or @Pur gold jersey), then break out the traditional white jerseys and maize pants.
Other than minor variations on the white away jerseys, our unis have pretty much stayed the same forever.
I really, really hope this continues.
There are some articles of clothing you just don't mess with...
- Santa Claus always wears red and white and has a big beard.
- The Pope always wears a funny hat and lots of robes.
- Michigan always wears the winged helmet, maize pants, blue jerseays w/ maize lettering at home, and white jerseys w/ blue lettering when away.
Just Say No to maize uniforms