A week ago after the SDSU win, my wife and I went over to one of her friend's houses and there were a group of guys that kept saying a lot of irrational things. I tried to argue them on much of it, but I got bored and didn't want to be the guy always arguing everything that was said. How do you guys handle such situations?
I am sure I will meet these gentlemen again, is it worth arguing/discussing things with them? Or is it better to just ignore?
More info...the following things were said that I felt irrational....
1) Denard Robinson is deliberately missing open WRs so the coaches will let him run more.
2) Benard (yes with a B) Robinson wouldn't even be a QB on any other BigTen team and should be moved to RB since we have zero good RBs.
3) Lloyd Carr was a horrible coach and any coach with his players over the years would have won a national title at least 3 to 5 times!!!
4) Hoke will never win in a blowout, because he was mentored by Carr who never won in a blowout. (I wonder what he is thinking now)
5) If Michigan was any good they would have blown out SDSU.
6) Carr always put in too many back ups.
7) Carr would rarely pass, it was always 3 yards and a cloud of dust, he needed to pass like Purude did when they were good.
8) Mike Martin should be benched for not living up to his potential.
9) Tom Brady was always a back up and Henson and Navarre started over him - further proof that Carr was bad (this is 100% BS and Navarre wasn't even there at the same time)