With the recent firing of former Michigan Tennis Coach Bruce Berque, Dave Brandon had to fill the HC spot for Michigan's 3rd-oldest sport.
He hit a grand slam with this head coaching hire after already making a pretty damn good hire just months ago with Dr. Marcelo Leonardi being named the Water Polo HC.
Adam Steinberg from Pepperdine. He put together a 265-92 record there as well as going 36-2 in 2006 en route to the NCAA National Championship.
In his 13 years at Pepperdine, Steinberg produced-
- 27 First Team ITA All-Americans
- 32 First Team All-West Coast Conference selections
- Won 10 WCC Tournament Championships as well as 2 WCC Regular Season titles.
- 10 NCAA Tournament appearances that included five Sweet 16s, one Elite 8, two Final 4s and the 2006 NCAA National Championship
- 10 of his 13 Pepperdine Wave teams finishing in the final Top-30 ITA rankings
He was named the 2006 ITA National Coach of the Year as well as being a 7-time WCC Coach of the Year recipient.
Having that kind of national success at a small school like Pepperdine is absolutely incredible.
ohio should fear this man because Michigan is coming for the top spot in the B1G.
Say what you want about Dave Brandon, but he has been one of if not the greatest AD of all-time in terms of his coaching hires and paying for quality, across the board of Michigan Athletics.
Men's Soccer, Baseball, Men's Track, Women's Lacrosse, Women's Basketball, Water Polo, Men's Tennis. Every one of those hires have been or are going to be slam dunk hires.
Not to mention the Beilein contract extension back in 2010-11 when many people were questioning him as well as paying bookoo bucks for Football coordinators.