3 games in, all the "Every Snap Videos" to look at...what do you like, what haven't you liked? What is your 2-deep?
Here is mine:
QB: Denard Robinson
RB: Fitzgerald Toussaint
WR1: Junior Hemingway
WR2: Roy Roundtree
SLOT: Jeremy Gallon
-Drew Dileo/Kelvin Grady
TE: Kevin Koger
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Ricky Barnum
C: David Molk
RG: Patrick Omameh
RT: Mark Huyge
WDE: JiBreel Black
DT: William Campbell
-Ryan Van Bergan
NG: Mike Martin
SDE: Ryan Van Bergan
WLB: Brandon Hawthorne (vs. Spread) / Cam Gordon (vs. Power)
MLB: Kenny Demens
SLB: Jake Ryan
Wideside CB: Troy Woolfolk
Shortside CB: JT Floyd (zone) / Courtney Avery (man)
-Tony Anderson/Raymon Taylor
Nickelback: Courtney Avery
FS: Thomas Gordon
SS: Jordon Kovacs
- Fitz is the #1, Vince is #2 and the 3rd down back
- EDIT: No Shaw? I know. However, I'd use him as a return man.
- Brandon Moore has NOT impressed at all, I've seen him knocked back more than a few times. Watson is my #2.
- Michael Schofield has played well in spot duty, definitely my #6 starter on the OL outside of center.
- Love Black's potential. I'd start Black, but play him and Roh 51/49 with Black getting the slight edge.
- EDIT: Would absolutely play Roh-Martin-RVB-Black on passing downs!
- Campbell should start period. RVB is "okay" and Heininger can't get it done in the middle. Campbell has EARNED the start.
- Hawthorne would be my WLB vs. spread teams, I know we haven't seen Cam, but I'm a believer...he'd be my WLB against power teams
- Ryan is the SLB, he's earned it.
- Would like to see Countess get more PT
- Floyd can't tackle for s***, however, he'd above average when playing zone...to slow to play man. When I'm running zone from the position, Floyd is the guy...when it's man, Avery is in. Obviously this isn't a definite and you can't tell the offense what you're doing. But you get the drift...
- Avery should be the slot CB, the nickelback, not Thomas Gordon, not Raymon Taylor. I was disappointed to hear Mattison say "he's never played the position." Actually he played it last year at times and did a good job. He has great hips and is a PERFECT nickelback IMO. And he'll tackle! I'm thinking of MSU and Indiana last year specifically.
- Safeties are good...I'd just play Carvin more and Marvin less. Furman isn't listed but he needs to move to SS or WLB. He's not a free safety.