|2/1||vs Marquette (ex)||1pm|
|2/8||at Penn State||1pm|
|2/19||Detroit (in Pontiac, MI)||7pm|
|2/22||at Johns Hopkins||Noon|
|3/5||at High Point||7pm|
|3/22||vs Saint Joseph's||3pm|
|3/29||at Air Force*||3pm|
|Showdown at the Shoe (Ohio Stadium)|
|4/26||vs Robert Morris||Noon|
It's that time of year again. The 2014 schedule for Team 3 of Michigan Men's Lacrosse has been released.
Michigan has some great chances to get some wins this year with fellow fledgling programs furman, mercer and high point on the schedule. Michigan lost a close one last year at high point by 3, furman is in their first year, and mercer is in their third. Michigan's first win in program history was in 2012 in a 14-4 domination over mercer down in Jacksonville.
Michigan's lone win in 2013, saint joseph's will be coming back to Michigan Stadium as well.
Annnnnd then there are some very scary games that could result in big losses like another trip out to future conference foe johns hopkins and maryland coming to Michigan Stadium.
Although not confirmed and left as a TBA for the venue on the schedule, the game against the buckeyes isn't that hard to guess. Similar to Michigan's Battle at The Big House, ohio usually hosts a lacrosse game at the horseshoe prior to their spring game. It looks like the young laxers are being thrown into the lion's cage. Yeesh. It's not so much the opponent as it is a stadium full of uneducated, Maize and Blue hating idiots.
The ECAC Tournament will be played in Columbus at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The tournament will feature the top-4 teams in the ECAC regular season standings. If Michigan can somehow sneak in, this would be a huge step for the program.
This is the final season for the storied ECAC. One of its key additions, Michigan, likely caused its end ironically. The ECAC only has 5 teams left this season (Michigan, ohio, Air Force, Fairfield and Bellarmine).
- Loyola, Denver & Hobart left the ECAC after the 2013 season and will compete in the Patriot League, Big East & NEC in 2014 respectively.
- Michigan & ohio will depart after 2014 being joined by Maryland from the ACC as well as Johns Hopkins and Rutgers from the DI-Independents to form the B1G Lacrosse Conference
- Fairfield will depart for the CAA after 2014
- Air Force will become an DI-Independent after 2014
- Italics indicate the home game will be played at Oosterbaan Field House
- * indicates ECAC Conference game
- Bold indicates home game will be played at Michigan Stadium