I updated our 3 deep to bring us into the new year. If anyone with enough points sees any mistakes go correct them. I kept it pretty generic from last year, but it was tough coming up with a 3 deep in LB's and S right now.
Couple of thoughts updating it.
1. OL looks awesome...8 deep. We are in great shape but we need 4 in this class and 4 in the next class and no injuries this year.
2. Offense looks awfully familiar...oh yeah we return like 33 of 36 offensive guys. No pressure Borges.....don't fuck it up.
3. Considering our schemes from 95-97 and everything that GMatt has been exposed to and our current roster I could see a lot of a 4-2-5 look next year. Mattison has seen and run just about everything the last few years and if you think back to 97 we had a lot of tweeners like Gold, Jones, Copenhaver, Swett etc...that weren't more than 220 lb's and we blitzed from everywhere. I know everyones down on the 3-3-5 and being multiple scares the Gerg out of us, but I really think we'll see a nickle look a lot with 2 big safeties dropping down for that 4-4 look we saw against OSU. He's going to use the talent we have and we have at least 10-15 guys that are S/OLB types that are young with potential. This will be an absolute battle from the weight room to the practice field to earn time. I look for whoever emerges from the fray to have huge careers for us.
4. All these 220 lb guys getting seasoned is going to make our special teams rock solid. Our coverage teams should be stellar.
5. 2012 Recruiting Class will be very interesting since we are getting so many guys right now. We'll need 4 OL, 2 QB 2 WR and 3 DT and we're leading with a lot of Mich D players(RJK, Ross, Richardson etc).