Was at the Cass Tech-Northwestern game earlier today. NW was really overmatched in this one. The rest of CT's schedule is going to be cake save the Orchard Lake St. Mary's game. Here are some key notes-
- 2015 QB prospect Jayru Campbell, 6'3/175 (offers from ND & Bama) passed for 3 TDs and rushed for 2 including a LONG TD run. Great recovery from last week when he had an off night. Keep in mind, Jayru started AND led Cass Tech to their first ever State Championship last season as a 14 year old freshman. He set multiple title game records.
- 2014 WR/CB offer Damon Webb, 5'11/170 (Top 4 of Michigan, LSU, state & ohio) had a nice TD grab, some vicious hits and blocked very well at WR.
- 2014 LB prospect Deon Drake, 6'1/215 (offers from State, Nebraska, ND) was out with an injury for this game. He will return to the lineup next week in the big rivalry game with Renaissance
- 2014 LB prospect William White, 6'1/215. Kid played out of his freaking mind last week with 14 tackles and 1 sack. Did pretty well this week too. He will be visiting ohio tomorrow.
- 2014 LB prospect Gary Hosey, 6'0/230 was arguably a huge reason why Cass Tech won last week. Had a great game today as well. Hosey will be visiting ohio tomorrow along with White.
- Every player listed above will be in attendance at the boise state-state game tonight.
That last point concerns me since state recently got a commitment from Cass Tech 2013 OL Dennis Finley. They are all there with him.
Here are two definite names to watch out for.
2015 DE Josh Alabi, 6'4/245- Keep in mind, this kid is only 15 years old and is that size. Made some good plays today and last week
2016 OL Ostell Martin at an amazing 6'5/315. My God. 14 years old and is that big.
IMO, the class of 2014 at Cass Tech has the potential to be a legendary one in the history of not only the school, but in the history of HS football in this state.