Another Michigan win over state. This time on the mat. The grapplers easily clobbered sparty, 26-6.
Only down thing is that the #1 heavyweight in the country, freshman Adam Coon, was handed his first collegiate defeat. His career record is 22-1.
- 174: Collin Zeerip (Michigan) def. Nick Kaczanowski (MSU) by decision, 3-2
- 184: Domenic Abounader (Michigan) def. John Rizqallah (MSU) via tiebreaker, 6-0.
- 197: Nick McDiarmid (MSU) def. Chris Heald (Michigan) by decision, 3-1.
- Heavyweight: Mike McClure (MSU) def. Adam Coon (Michigan) by decision, 3-1.
- 125: Conor Youtsey (Michigan) def. Brenan Lyon (MSU) via sudden victory, 5-0.
- 133: Rosario Bruno (Michigan) def. Garth Yenter by decision, 2-0.
- 141: Stephen Dutton III (Michigan) def. Brian Gibbs (MSU) by major decision, 14-2.
- 149: Eric Grajales (Michigan) def. Nick Trimble (MSU) by major decision, 10-2.
- 157: Brian Murphy (Michigan) def. Roger Wildmo (MSU) by decision, 4-2.
- 165: Daniel Yates (Michigan) def. Bobby Nash (MSU) by decision, 8-2.
Michigan is now 8-2 overall and a perfect 4-0 in B1G Duals.
Michigan now kicks off a murderer's row of a schedule. It doesn't get any better than the B1G.
(current teams rankings as of tonight)-
- 1/31 at #11 Ohio
- 2/2 vs #1 Penn State
- 2/7 at #10 Nebraska
- 2/9 at #2 Iowa
Oh, and just for the hell of it, the final non-conference dual of the season?
- 2/15 at #8 Pittsburgh