Wow, great insider info Tom. Is it bad if i am greedy and want them all?
TomVH: Top 250 Prospects Still Listing Michigan
Just thought I would throw this out there after Demetrius Hart's commitment. Here are the recruits in Rivals top 250 that are still listing Michigan in their top group.
- #5 De'Anthony Thomas- 5 star, 5'9", 160 lbs., Athlete/Defensive Back
- #9 Curtis Grant- 5 star, 6'3", 222 lbs, Linebacker
- #10 Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix- 5 star, 6'2", 190 lbs, Safety
- #11 Karlos Williams- 5 star, 6'2", 210 lbs, Safety
- #18 Ray Drew- 4 star, 6'5", 243 lbs, Defensive end
- #33 Kris Frost- 4 star, 6'3", 210 lbs, Wide Receiver/Linebacker
- #43 Sammy Watkins- 4 star, 6'1", 180 lbs, Wide Receiver
- #53 Timmy Jernigan- 4 star, 6'2", 275 lbs, Defensive tackle
- #65 Anthony Zettel - 4 star, 6'4", 245 lbs, Defensive End
- #87 Wayne Lyons- 4 star, 6'0", 190 lbs, Safety
- #118 Charles Jackson- 4 star, 5'11", 180 lbs, Defensive back
- #148 Deion Barnes- 4 star, 6'5", 225 lbs, Defensive end
- #157 Avery Walls - 4 star, 5'11", 184 lbs, Safety
- #185 Mickey Johnson- 4 star, 6'1", 310 lbs, Defensive tackle
- #193 Chris Bryant- 4 star, 6'5", 330 lbs, Offensive line
- #214 Austin Traylor- 4 star, 6'4", 210 lbs, Defensive end
- #216 Sheldon Royster- 4 star, 6'0", 185 lbs, Defensive back
With the commitments of Demetrius Hart (#37) and Brennen Beyer (#191) Michigan already has two prospects in the top 250. So on that list who do we have the most realistic shot at?
The prospects that Michigan has a very high chance with off that list are:
- #33 Kris Frost - listed in his top two with Auburn.
- #65 Anthony Zettel - Waiting until the end of the season to decide.
- #157 Avery Walls - Will be announcing within the month, visiting Cal this weekend.
- #193 Chris Bryant - Should be deciding relatively soon. Down to Michigan, Stanford, and Arizona.
The prospects that I think Michigan still has a good shot with are:
- #18 Ray Drew - I'm including him on this list because I think he has genuine interest in Michigan. His mom doesn't want him to leave home though so it may be tough.
- #43 Sammy Watkins - We're in great shape with his teammate Dallas Crawford. The more I hear, the more it sounds like Sammy might really be considering Michigan.
- #87 Wayne Lyons - I'll have a full update in the Weekly Update on Monday, but Michigan is back in his top list.
- #148 Deion Barnes - Penn State may lead, but he'll be visiting after his season so anything can happen.
Finally, off this list here are the prospects that we either need to wait and see with, or we may not have a great shot with:
- #5 De'Anthony Thomas - He told me he will visit if Michigan offers, but I'm not sure if there's enough to make him decommit from USC.
- #9 Curtis Grant - I think he ends up at Alabama or Florida. He insists that he will try to visit Michigan.
- #10 Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix - Recently told the Orlando Sentinel that he's 100% committed to Alabama, but they also reported that Demetrius Hart was an Alabama lean. If he takes his visit to Michigan for the Wisconsin game there's a chance.
- #11 Karlos Williams - Currently committed to Florida State told me that he will be taking an official visit after his season is over. Michigan needs to continue winning to impress him.
- #53 Timmy Jernigan - Timmy always mentions Michigan in his top group, but I just haven't seen enough to take him seriously.
- #118 Charles Jackson - I've heard that he may be favoring Nebraska right now. He told me he wants to visit Michigan. We'll have to wait to see if that actually happens.
- #185 Mickey Johnson - Mickey has a new leader every week. Michigan is listed in his top group with Tennessee, Nebraska, UCLA, and LSU. His group and list changes so much I don't know what to believe.
- #214 Austin Traylor - Told me recently that Michigan is in his top ten and that he would like to visit. Until he narrows his list down further we won't know how high his interest level actually is.
- #216 Sheldon Royster - New Jersey safety has been quiet with his recruitment, but has always had Michigan on his list. Until he visits I'm not including him on the high chance list.
I kind of thought the same thing. The top 250 prospects are considering Michigan? Now that's more like it.
When it rains it pours?
Any of these guys would be an enormous pull. We are starting to show that we're back, and hopefully we will see further results of this in the recruiting field.
Thanks Tom. As always, you have great information.
All your 250 are belong to us!
I don't think we can take 250 lol
When I saw the heading I thought you were going to list the top 250 (total) prospects listing Michigan and I was just like... "oh no he didn't."
any of these guys committing with our current talent has me extremely excited for the coming years. with denard around for 2 more years i can't help but of thinking of a nc his senior year. need some of these stong defensive recruits to help with that though. the future looks very bright
#5 De'Anthony Thomas - He told me he will visit if Michigan offers, but I'm not sure if there's enough to make him decommit from USC.
Uhh.. is there a reason we haven't offered a 5* Defensive Back? Is it academic or something? This doesn't make sense.
Pffffffff. We don't need those 5 stars when we have our awesome secondary.
is visiting this weekend, reportedly. Like to see this guy's attention refocused.
Although he visited, I think he is an OSU lock. I read on the rivals message boards that he wore an MSU hat on his official. This was the rivals message board so take that with a grain of salt.
Love the format - cannot think of how many times I have wanted to see a list showing recruits with UM interest and a quick break down of where they stand. Fantastic!
Just keep winning Michigan.
I'll add a "please" to that, just in case it makes a difference to the god of sports success.
This is the key, if we can keep on winning and actually put together a pretty decent season, we'll have a real legit shot at a lot of these highly regarded recruits. I'm also hoping that RR and company is selling these kids hard on the ability to come in and actually have a pretty decent opportunity at seeing the field from the get go, I would have to imagine thats got to be pretty darn intriguing if your a recruit, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
From what we have been reading from TomVH, your list is not so farfetched, with 3 of those 5 being in the "very good chance" type category.
A man can dream......
What about Cyrus Hobbi? And, do you know if the rumor is true that we still have a shot with Andre Yruretagoyena?
Andre is 100% Oregon, and I don't think we're in it for Hobbi any more.
Are we offering Frost as a WR or LB?
It's a Cam Gordon type of deal. "Hey you can try WR, but if it doesn't work out we'd REALLY LOVE for you to come over to the D"
Tom, do you have any information on Dee's teammate, the Dr. Phillips kicker? His name is Stephen Moffitt, and he had a huge game last night. He kicked a 51 yard field goal, and kicked every (maybe save one) kick-off in to the end zone for a touchback.
I went to the Orlando Sentinel sports top 100 list where he is ranked around 60ish. However there it says nothing about a commitment or any offers.
He seems like a very solid prospect.....it would be interesting to know where he is headed.
Write it down (in pencil): Michigan is going to land Clinton-Dix. He'd be crazy not to at least reconsider his choice, with his best friend choosing Michigan and with the secondary in desperate need of talent. He could potentially contribute immediately if ready and so many kids want this out of their choice school. C'mon Ha'Sean! Feel the snake oil!
He'll have to get used to it anyway if he plans on playing in the NFL. He might as well get started early.
This is pretty much exactly what he said recently.
At this point any kid wanting to play defense and wanting PT ASAP would have to be looking at Michigan.
He recently changed his tune on the weather.
I know he was really high on Michigan State and USC, but has he totally eliminated Michigan as a possible school?
He loves the school, just not the place WRs have in the offense. No big deal, ship him off to the West Coast and don't worry about him for a while
What is he allergic to blocking? If anything, our wideouts have been pretty impressive this season, so I don't know what he's watching. Maybe he wants to be "the man" in which case, I don't think that would fit in well with the rest of the team's mentality.
USC's top three receivers:
Couple this with the fact that there is no way around USC being a sinking ship with the scholarship losses and DA may want to throw Michigan back in the mix.
Appreciate the update!
Is he now being recruited as a DE? I thought Mich was liking him on the O-Line.
Ugh...I feel like this question is being asked everytime Anthony Zettel is mentioned.
Michigan began recruiting him as an OG. He plays both DE and OG in high school. He prefers DE. Michigan will allow him to try the position he wants to play, but will switch him over to OG if he is significantly better at that position.
Thanks for saying it one more time
Really? I've heard that he's a UM lean over MSU. Did Sam really say that?
impressive work Tom VH as usual. Great to see a lot of these propects considering us. We beat State, move up in rankings get more national exposure. You never know from then on, offense is dynamic. The defense makes a play or two a game we can finish strong. RR is a great recruiter, it will be good to see him get his guys with a strong season.
Thanks Tom. One question: Was Lamar Dawson a deliberate omission, or just an oversight? Last I heard we're still in his top 7.
Tom said we're not likely to get one of his visits. This seems like a long shot at best .
Thanks, I had missed that comment.
I have heard that Michigan has their eye on 2012 RB / DB / Slot receiver in Springfield Oh named George Walker. He is a special player. Have you heard about him?
Hoepfully our loss to state doesnt hurt our recruiting momentum with any of these guys to much.... for all of you on D ... we have playing time available in buckets!
Come on Defensive guys!!! We need you!!!!
Maybe you can send the recruits the pic in your avatar ? That would have convinced me to go to UM.
Better yet just send it to me :) I'll forward it along. No need for you to do so much work :)
who was the surprise recruit this weekend?