I was hoping Tabb cutting his schools might change since a coach was hired, wishful thinking maybe. If Hoke is a great recruiter, as some have said, maybe he can use some snake oil to get some recruits back (I hope RR didn't take it all with him when he left).
TomVH: Recruiting Update So Far
There have been a lot of questions about where we're at, and what's happening so I'm going to do a mini update so everyone is caught up on where we're at. We obviously won't know some aspects of what will happen until Brady Hoke assembles his staff, and starts to actually make phone calls and visits.
- There's been a rumor that LB Kellen Jones decommitted, which is not true. I spoke with his dad today, and he told me that's not even close. If the Michigan coaches tell Kellen that they want him just as much as the previous coaching staff did then he will be in Ann Arbor. Kellen is visiting Colorado this weekend, because it's already set up, and it's just for fun. He is supposed to take a visit out to Miami, but they're not sure if that will even happen. Kellen still feels the same about Michigan, he's just covering himself for just in case.
- Kris Frost hasn't heard from Auburn yet. If they say no, there's a good chance he'll come to Michigan. If they say yes, then as far as I understand someone else will lose their spot.
- K Matt Goudis and DB Dallas Crawford are visiting Miami this weekend. Dallas knows that Michigan has hired a new coach, and has started to do research on him.
- WR Devin Lucien is a recruit that has been waiting for Michigan to make a hire so he can visit. He still wants to talk to the coaching staff to make sure his offer will be honored, but he was being recruited by San Diego State. Michigan has a great chance with Devin.
- OL Chris Bryant is announcing at the end of January, but this hire for Michigan also helps with him. Michigan is in the lead.
- The only current commits we need to monitor really are Dallas Crawford, Matt Goudis, and Jake Fisher. Blake Countess will just require a phone call to make sure everything is in order, and we should be good to go with everyone else.
If you have any other questions, or if I'm forgetting anything ask in the comments and I'll try to get it answered. It's going to be an ongoing update as the coaches start to reach out to commits and recruits.
good,i think we will keep all of are recuirts,we might lose one.Know we need to hit the recuirting trail hard.GO BLUE!!!
I might be the only one, but I haven't been able to put the usual energy into following the recruiting since the Ohio State game. The coaching uncertainty made me feel like it was either going to be bad news or good news that was likely to flip any second.
Good to be back devouring info from the greatness of Tom, along with consistently the most intelligent thread posts on the site.
Thanks for the update Tom. Hopefully Hoke can make something out of this class. I have a unsettling feeling.
Hope we can get some ballers in 2012. Particularly on the D and offensive line.
Any clue on Hoke's strongholds and 'pipeline' schools?
This would be interesting to watch