I really hope Kris Frost has a good visit
TomVH: Camp Visitors This Weekend
This is important for this weekend, so this post will probably replace the "Weekly Update" Monday post. I'll continue to add to this, since camp will be from the 19th-22nd. Here's some updates, as they come in.
- Maika Polamalu - Troy's cousin, will be at Michigan on Sunday. Maika is a 5'11, 190 lbs. safety from Pottsgrove, PA. ESPN has a video interview with him. Maika is also teammates with ATH Terrell Chestnut, who has a Michigan offer, and is interested, but can't make it this weekend.
- Trae Waynes - Safety prospect out of Kenosha, Wisconsin will be at Michigan. He's a little under the radar, but has a lot of speed for his size, at 6'0, 165 lbs.
- Antonio Poole - Antonio is a linebacker from Cincinnati, Ohio. He's been hoping for a Michigan offer for awhile, and was invited to this camp by the coaches. That's usually a good sign, so he plans on being there this weekend. It wasn't 100%, but it sounded like he was going to make it up.
- Tony Posada - Offensive lineman from Tampa, Florida. Tony has Michigan in his top group, and will be up Monday to Wednesday with one of his coaches. This was an interesting quote from him.
There's always the possibility that I could commit, but the trip would really have to blow my mind, in order for that to happen.
- Kris Frost - Linebacker out of Matthews, North Carolina. As I reported before, Kris is extremely excited to show his parents around Michigan. This should be a great trip for them, and Michigan.
- Ray Ball - Offensive lineman, from Westerville, Ohio. Ray was recently offered by Kentucky and UCLA. He will be on Saturday, but won't be working out. He just wants to come up, and take a look around campus.
- Ed Davis - Linebacker from Detroit. Ed, as everyone knows, was just offered by Michigan. He also received an offer from Akron, and he wasn't 100% positive on the others. He said his coach had told him CMU, and a few others came in since the Michigan offer. I would expect more to on their way. Ed also just got back from a trip to Iowa, and is expecting an offer from the Hawkeyes. His newly found fame has led him to hold off on his decision, until what he said would be probably at the end of the month.
- Terry Richardson - 2012 safety from Cass Tech might show up to hang out. If he does he's going to bring LB Royce Jenkins-Stone, and LB James Ross. All three are very good friends, and very interested in Michigan.
- Kris Frost - Kris and his family made it in safely. They got a chance to walk around campus, and get to see everything they wanted to see. He left Michigan, and I believe is on his way home right now. (He's calling once he gets home, so I'll have a full update then).
- Jack Miller - Jack originally said that he'd like to make a decision by the end of this week. It looks like that might not happen. He's at Michigan right now, and told me:
I'm not sure about a commitment today; I'm visiting right now.
Sounds like a commitment probably won't happen, but my opinion is that there's a small chance he pulls the trigger tonight. This could be the final visit to get any other questions answered. If he doesn't do it tonight, I'd expect it to happen soon.
- James Farrow - James officially decommitted from Minnesota recently, so he's back in play. A lot of the people at the camp told him he was one of the standout DB's. He took on DeAnthony Arnett, and said he held his own. This is the third time he's gone against DeAnthony, they seem to be creating a little rivalry. I don't think he's on Michigan's radar yet. He's about to get an offer from Cincinnati, and possibly Va. Tech, though. Losing out on Dorsey could have the coaches look for another DB, and Farrow might be a candidate for that. We'll see.
- Jordan Diamond - 2012 OL from Chicago. He has had high interest in Michigan for awhile, and it still stays that way. He had hurt his ankle, so he didn't do anything at camp. He got a chance to talk to a bunch of coaches, including Michigan. They told him they already knew he was a good player, so they weren't worried about him not performing.
- Chris Bryant - 2011 OL, and Jordan's teammate, was at camp, and performed really well. Jordan told me that Chris has a really high interest in Michigan. If they offer, there's a good chance he'll commit. I spoke briefly with Chris, he's flying out to visit Stanford right now, so I should have more soon. I would assume his offer would be coming shortly.
His name makes me crave a Wendy's Frosty covered in Christmas cheer.
I agree hopfully Kris Frost and his parents have an awesome visit, also hope the visit can blow Posada's mind. Good job.
Just watched the video interview, sadly it is short hair.
Could you imagine a Polamalu with dreads!?!? I guess the world isn't ready for that greatness...
Troy Polamalu's father-in-law, Mike Holmes, was a de/lb at Michigan in the 70s. He played for the 49ers briefly.
He's got a few years to grow it out. If he wants to come here, that has to be part of the deal.
It's a nice list with players of need, it be nice to get verbal's from at least one of each group by Monday. Hey I can dream can't I?
- Maika Polamalu - safety from Pottsgrove, PA. - Rivals 3 star, 5.5 RR
- Trae Waynes - Safety prospect out of Kenosha, Wisconsin - Rivals 2 star, 5.4 RR
- Antonio Poole - Antonio is a linebacker from Cincinnati, Ohio. - Rivals 3 Star, 5.7 RR
- Tony Posada - Offensive lineman from Tampa, Florida. - Rivals N/A
- Kris Frost - Linebacker out of Matthews, North Carolina. - Rivals 4 star, 6.0 RR
- Ray Ball - Offensive lineman, from Westerville, Ohio. - Rivals 3 star, 5.5 RR
- Ed Davis - Linebacker from Detroit. Rivals N/A
- Terry Richardson - 2012 safety from Cass Tech
is 88 and sunny friday, 94!!! and sunny Saturday, 85 and sunny on Sunday. Not going to be cold one bit, Make Kris and Tony feel right at home baby
I really think we need to get James Ross. The kid is a stud, and might be the number one kid instate in his class. We can't afford to keep letting MSU get their hands on these top recruits. I really like Frost as well. We need quality linebackers.
O i Forgot about Ray Ball, hope we can land him and Posada both big athletic monsters that could fit right in the BigTen. Although team to beat is Wiscy i think, and they are known for big physical Linemen. But Im sure UM could steal him.
I'm pulling for Antonio Poole to have a good showing. I really like his film.
Tom (or some informed poster) -
Can you elaborate on how the camp plays out? What do they do, who else attends, etc. Obviously there will be more than 8 guys at this camp. Who rounds out the rest of the attendees? How do they get invited? Are there other people coming that we know about but didn't merit being included in this list.
Its Saturday thru Tuesday, and anyone who wants to attend can attend if they pay the camp fee ($185 for commuter, ~$425 for residential campers) Saturday is more or less 4-8, Monday and Sunday are 9-7 and Tuesday is 9-3.
Last year there were about 700 attendees but the year before that there were 1200, which is more like what the coaches are expecting, since there is less construction this year on campus.
I saw Troy Palamalu at the LA Zoo a couple weeks ago. He was the scariest thing I saw all day.
I'm surprised Tony Posada isn't rated by Rivals yet. He's well above the radar, with a number of BCS offers, playing for one of the most highly scouted high schools (especially this year) in Florida. He doesn't have a crazy offer list, but early offers from Michigan and Tennessee should at least warrant a rating.
Getting those three kids from Detroit for 2012 would be sweet.
plz commit kris frost kthxbai
This is really going to help Michigan out. we could get a commit out of this weekend.
This is my first posting, but i have reading mgoblog for a while now. I just saw this and maybe someone can post this on a thread if it hasnt been already. Thanks.
Look at the author of that article, then look at TomVH's bylines on this site.
thanks for the heads up and sorry i should have checked better.
I hope that everyone coming has a great time. A great impression this early on would certainly boost our chances with a lot of these guys it sounds like.
about this years recruits. it seems to be a good class. Michigan will be back to UM of old if we keep it up.
really looking forward to Ed Davis. He seems to have potential.
Chicago DE James Adeyanju and his coach were in attendance today, and got a chance to sit down with Coach Rodriguez before camp. I didn't personally talk to him, but a relative had a quick conversation with him and said he was a very personable and well-spoken kid and seemed to be enjoying his visit.
On a side note, he's listed as 6'2 225 on Scout, but he is one massive human being.
SO there are still no commitments to Michigan, even after their camp?
Oh lord help our recruiting..