frank beamer #1
I think this is really good news after Saturday's performance -
"I met with coach Rodriguez about 10 a.m. and I must have talked with him for about an hour and a half," Forcier told thewolverine.com . "They were going to watch film and have meetings, but he continued to sit with me even though the coaches were waiting for him. We were talking, he was seeing how I liked it and he was explaining why they need me so much and the opportunity that I have to come in and play."
"I was talking with my brother and telling him how much I liked it and I talked with my dad about it," the younger Forcier said. "They both asked me the same question, 'Is this the place?' I've been to several schools and you feel good after you visit every school, but they both said it's not that type of feeling, it's a different feeling. The feeling that you know this could be the place for me.
"I told my brother that's the feeling I got and he said, 'Don't second guess it, go with your first thought.' I listen to my brother. He went through the same decision himself, so I walked into coach Rodriguez's office and gave it to him—a full-on commitment. All the coaches heard it and came running in and were congratulating me. I felt real comfortable and I think that's the place for me."
I like Tate's early confidence -
"I thought the quarterbacks did pretty good for it being the first game," Forcier told Rivals.com. "There's a lot of things I saw from the sideline even though I know it's not the same from the sideline. All I can say is that offense isn't for them, but it's tailor-made for me."
I really like this kid, he's got M in his blood -
"I've always liked Michigan a lot," Forcier told Rivals.com. "I've been a fan of Michigan since I was a little kid."
I hope he can provide what RR needs in a QB to run this offense.
"...and it was refreshing last week to hear his players talk about the Oct. 25 clash
at Michigan Stadium." Refreshing??? That is ALL Sparty talks about, thinks about and wetdreams about.
Take your beatings and countdown clock back to E.L.; go to Rick's, burn some couches, trash your campus and spend the weekend in the clink.
From the Freep, via ESPN...
ESPN.com's Andy Rittenberg has found that even as the Spartans prepare for the
upcoming season, they have the Oct. 25 game against Michigan on their minds.
"I do not want to go through my whole college career without beating my rival
school," senior running back Javon Ringer said to ESPN. "That would be
The Spartans have not
beaten Michigan since 2001. Michigan State led 24-14 in the fourth quarter last
season but gave up two touchdowns to lose in East Lansing.
"It's imbedded in our minds and our
memories," safety Otis Wiley told ESPN. "We were close last year, been close in
all of our encounters. We need to be on top this year. We have the people and we
have the talent to do that.
"It's our top
priority right now. We want that one, and we want it bad."
Poor little brother, why must you obsess?
Toledo Blade article - http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080730/SPORTS11/807300433
Hoke thinks UT can hang with Michigan
DETROIT - When the University of Toledo plays Michigan this fall at the Big House, perhaps it will look back at a recent near-miss by one of its conference brethren.
Ball State nearly took down the Wolverines in Ann Arbor in 2006, playing with a chance to tie the game on the UM 7-yard line with fewer than three minutes to play. UM came away with the 34-26 win.
Cardinals coach Brady Hoke said he thinks UT can perform just as well as his squad did at Michigan Stadium. The Rockets travel there Oct. 11 for the first time.
"When we played Michigan they were the No. 2 rated team in the country," Hoke said. "I don't think they'll be No. 2 this year. I think Toledo will do great. I have a lot of respect for the way [UT coach] Tom [Amstutz] runs his program."
Thanks for the great insight, Brady. Exactly why do you think "Toledo will do great"? Is it because you have a lot of respect for the way the Toledo program is run? Do you not respect the way Michigan's program is run?
I ran across the post below from a WV fan named "jdakanwv " on the Sportsline Boards.
Aside from his "Mouse Pasties" avatar, I think he sheds some unbiased insight into how the offense might operate.
One thing he stresses is over use of the bubble screen. I hope this does not become the new "Throwing the Rock since 1969".
Here's the post and the direct link:"Recently I was on the WVU boards and began having a discussion with Dsoph about things to expect in Ann Arbor over the next few years. You will see some things that you have never seen before. Some will be impressive, others...not so much...here is my list, take it for what it is worth....
- Everyone will be leaner, quicker, and faster. Your linemen will go from averaging 315 across the line to averaging about 280, but they will be quick and explosive.
- The bubble screen....Get used to it. You will run it on average, 8-12 times a game. At least twice a year, you will see some version of it 20+ times in a game. The idea behind it is a good one, get the ball in a playmakers hands quickly and let them make a play, but you can only see it so many times before you are ready to go nuts.
- Changes. Many of your traditions will remain, but there will be little tweaks to most of them. As you can see with your road uni's, that has already begun.
- Big Plays. Once RR gets his full compliment of players and a true dual threat QB, the number of 35+ yd TD's will increase dramatically. (There is no site like watching a speedy RB or QB bust thru the line and split the safeties like they were standing still and having him go 50yds untouched for a TD. You can see that it will happen within the first two steps the ball carrier takes....it is a site to see and you will enjoy that.)
- This one is the most impressive to me. At the end of the 1st and 3rd qtr's, (especially when you are on offense) Your offensive line will sprint to the other end of the field to get ready for the next quarter. When this is the most impressive is heading to the 4th quarter of a hard fought game and seeing the looks on the defenses faces as the linemen sprint to the other end of the field and the D is gasping for air and sucking down water like it is their job.
Good luck to Uof M in the upcoming seasons. RR's style will take a little time to get used to, but in the end, you will enjoy it.
P.S. Barwis is an animal...You guys will love him."
It's nice to see a WV fan not bash the university, fans or RR.
Three yards and a cloud of Bubble Screen... could be my new blog page, only time will tell.