he grew a beard
Projecting Michigan's 2008 Recruiting Class
I know Brian has already done extensive coverage of Michigan's recruiting, but I figured I'd take my own stab at projecting the Class of '08. Before I made my guesses, I went through 11 years of Michigan recruiting data (covering 1993-2003) to see trends in how the average recruiting class turns out. Revelations included:
- 22% of recruits end up getting drafted, which is way higher than I would have thought
- Just about as many end up being All-Big Ten
- Half the guys who leave early for the NFL go undrafted. The other half go in the first round. (This doesn't include Manningham/Arrington, both of whom fall in the middle but also fall outside the years I was looking at).
- Almost 40% of scholarship recruits don't make it through their full eligibility.
- You're just as likely to show your bits to girls on Minerva Street as you are to win the Heisman
I'm the same way about T-Rob. I have images of a winged-helmeted Percy Harvin dancing in my head. Shaw could very well be that guy as well, I just love Robinson for some reason.
Because of this, I fully expect Martavious Odoms to start in the slot for four years, become an All-American, and win the Heisman while T-Rob and Shaw transfer after never seeing the field.