A Top 10 recruiting class for 2009. Already two and possibly soon to be three top 100 players for 2010. (Two of them WRs- but I thought Rod's offense "wouldn't throw!!!")
The greatest comeback in Michigan Stadium history. A Bear Cavalry type
of defense rumbling to a score, together, like a pack of wild Grizzlies
rushing the gate of a Salmon cannery with red-eyed determination. A QB
who no one knew even had legs rumbling for a 58 yard run.
Freshmen contributing all over the field who will have 2 full years of
game experience come the start of 2010. Good vibes from the Jelani
Jenkins camp when no one thought we had a shot once upon a time.
After seeing what happened on the field last Saturday, after hearing
people boo and then being part of that amazingly loud crowd all I can
think is this: We've seen flashes of it this year, and soon- not only
on offense, but on defense as well- they are going to be playing fast,
hard and aggressive. To all those people booing: You best start
believing now, or at least hold your tongue. Because when it happens I
will be calling out all the non-believers who try to say I told you so,
that they love RichRod, that they never had any doubt.......
It is coming, people. The days of RichRod's Wacko Ninja Offense and
Shafer's Hit Them in the Mouth Defense. I'm speaking of Ninja Football.
That's right. Ninja. Fucking. Football. WE WILL BE A MACHINE. You best start believing now.
Ok, so there's been a bit of discussion on how to watch streamed games
over the interweb, and while it's not exactly rocket science it does
take awhile to figure out what you're doing if you haven't done so
before. Luckily for you, I had to learn how to do this when I lived in
the Caribbean and have made all the mistakes so you don't have to.
Btw, I have a feeling "I lived in the Caribbean" is right up there on
the annoyance list with "Hey did you know Tom Zbikowski was a boxer"
for people who know me, but you know what? Screw 'em. I lived 200 feet
from the ocean and rum was $3.99 a fifth. You haven't lived until
you've woken up on the beach wearing nothing but socks and a party
hat. I'm not sayin' I have, I'm not sayin' I haven't, I'm just
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah- I made all the mistakes so you don't have to blah blah yeah Ninja we get it just get on with it.
Two things to keep in mind when watching streamed games:
- You are essentially watching someone's television through
their window (albeit with their permission). This means you have NO
CONTROL over what they decide to stream, and the very real possibility
exists of a change to Judge Judy in the middle of a Sam McGuffie 85
yard run. That's the "fraught with peril" Brian spoke of when referring
- The streamers are doing this AS A SERVICE for
you. They don't have to, so if the reception on a stream is poor or
they decide Judge Judy is more important, don't start whining and
complaining. If you're looking for control buy a Slingbox, but crying
because your game isn't being streamed, etc is like someone handing you
a martini with Stoli and you bitching because it's not made with
Goose. Save it.
The "How To":
I use two different sites, each has it's pros and cons.
- Channelsurfing.net can be found at the absurdly
simple address of www.channelsurfing.net . Seriously, if you can't
figure that out you probably went to State, but I know there a few
Sparties who read this site, so I just wanted to point that out. This
is the easiest of the two, just go to the site, scroll down, and click
on the link. A new browser window will open with your game, and voila-
- My P2P can be found at the address www.myp2p.eu and
while not as easy to use as the aforementioned site, it does offer a
chance to watch the game you're watching and surf the web as well, say
if you wanted to do something like participate in the WLA led Live chat
during the game without having to flip back and forth.
My P2P is exacty what the title implies, meaning Peer-to-Peer sharing of files, so you'll have to download a program or two to make it work, most likely Sopcast and VLC.
There is a forum on the site that lists all of the scheduled streams as well as FAQs for Sopcast, VLC, and how to watch stream in general. Here's this week's schedule: www.myp2pforum.eu/ncaa/26130-ncaa-football-week-1-a.html
From there you should be able to figure it out. I used Sopcast many times last year, and even gave someone (Rush N Attack?) my phone number so they could call and I walked them through it for the Frozen Four. Let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer them, but I recommend trying to set it up and watch something tonight, just in case.
EDIT: The previous offer of a guaranteed stream has been redacted. After the Live Blog yesterday I decided my Saturdays will be better spent worrying about my own enjoyment instead of contributing to that of others, many of whom often do not appreciate it. Any questions regarding streams are probably addressed in the tutorial TS of MGoVideo.com linked to below. If you haven't checked out their site do so, it's awesome- and they have a technical forum over there as well.
Good Luck and Go Blue!
The first bump of a diary post. I cosign on this general approach to tackling the site. As a forinstance: in the post about bug tracking yesterday there were a few folks posting links to SMQB and elsewhere; these should probably go on the message board now.
Okay people, so now that Brian has brought us MGoBlog 3.0 I see that many of us are confused about the difference between Diaries, and the MGoBoard, and comments, and why Ninja quite frequently wanders around pantless in public. I thought I'd make an attempt at clarifying some of the confusion, and throwing a couple of ideas out there and seeing what sticks.
So without further ado, I give you MGoComenting for Ridiculous Idiots Who Waste Too Much Time on This Damn Site Which (Amazingly Enough) Has Not Yet Rendered Us Unemployed.
So, here we are with all these options. Brian Cook, or the MGoMafiaDon as he may be called, has given us an updated site with options galore. What's a kinda sane person with an unhealthy obsession with all things Michigan to do? Here's one humble man's ideas:
- DIARIES: This is your own little area of MGoBlog. It gives you the ability to have your own tangential mini-blog, your own little cubby hole in the MGoUniverse to do with what you will. Want a spot to to display your photoshopped pictures of Charlie Weis making love to a chocolate cake? Go for it. Want a gallery of your favorite in-game pics? Here you go. A list of the recruits you'd most like to see us sign? That can go here too. Personally, I'll be using it as a place to list where Kate Beckinsale and I will register for wedding gifts when she finally leaves her husband and decides to become Ninja's sugar-momma. In related news, people can comment on your diary entries much like we can coment on Brian's posts. So feel free to tear down one man's dream of having a beatiful, intelligent woman support his MGoHabit at the bottom of this one. And I hope you feel good about yourself when I'm crying myslelf to sleep tonight.
- MGOBOARD: This is the spot for discussions, basically about anything you'd like. Think McGuffie lacks top-end speed and you'd like to get flamed for it? This is your spot. Interested in talking Tigers? Feel free to make a thread here. Wondering why we don't have a DE recruited yet? Yup, that's here too. I'd also propose a daily open thread in this section for those crack-adled regulars who have the attention span of a ferret on crystal meth. Someone could just start it as "Open thread for July 1st, 2008", etc. first thing in the AM. And luckily for those of you who think we're all nuts, you don't have to wade through it. (And you're right btw- we're all completely bat shit insane. But in a good way.)
- BRIAN'S POSTS: Obviously the reason we're all here, to get a daily and sometimes hourly fix on all things Wolverine. As I understand it the comments section after these posts will most likely be topic based. As Brian has said it's currently open, but the above format would give us the option to self-govern and let him do less babysitting and more digging into the important things in life, like what Mike Barwis had for breakfast today, or what Mike Barwis wore today, or when Mike Barwis will officially turn our 5'6" WRs into laser cannon toting T-Rex's with 4.3 speed and a two story vertical.
So, what think you MGoPeople? Like I said, I'm just throwing it out there to see what sticks.