Turner is CB #2
NCAA '11 Rosters Out
Hearty Tip o' the Hat to On the Banks, NCAA '11 rosters are available online. You have to register for TeamBuilder and go through several unnecessary steps, but I've made it much easier on you, and here are all the gory details for the MICH roster:
- #5 (Tate Forcier) 86 Ovr, 85 Spd, 88 Throw Power, 85 Throw Accuracy.
- #16 (Denard Robinson) 81 Ovr, 92 Spd, 90 Agility, 96 Acceleration, 90 Throw Power, 77 Throw Accuracy
- #7 (Devin Gardner) 76 Ovr, 90 Spd, 76 Break Tackle, 94 Throw Power, 75 Throw Accuracy
- #14 (Conelius Jones, I assume) 66 Ovr, 80 Spd, 87/74 Throw Power/Accuracy
- #2 (Vincent Smith) 85 Ovr, 91 Spd, 92 Agility.
- #20 (Michael Shaw) 85 Ovr, 87 Spd(?!).
- #15 (Mike Cox) 85 Ovr, 88 Spd, 80 Trucking, 82 Stiff Arm.
- #28 (Fitzgerald Toussaint) 82 Ovr, 95 Spd, 77 Break Tackle.
- #23 (Austin White) 67 Ovr, 90 Spd, 96 Acceleration.
- FB #44 (Mark Moundros) 80 Ovr.
- #12 (Roy Roundtree) 86 Ovr, 93 Spd, 94 Agility, 93 Juke.
- #9 (Martavious Odoms) 85 Ovr, 92 Spd, 94 Agility, 94 Acceleration.
- #21 (Junior Hemingway) 85 Ovr, 87 Spd, 90 Jumping.
- #22 (Darryl Stonum) 84 Ovr, 94 Spd.
- #19 (Kelvin Grady) 78 Ovr, 83 Spd, 93 Jumping.
- #6 (Je'Ron Stokes) 76 Ovr, 92 Spd, 92 Agility.
- #8 (Terrence Robinson) 75 Ovr, 88 Spd, 85 Agility.
- #18 (James Rogers) 70 Ovr.
- #83 (Jerald Robinson) 66 Ovr, 92 Spd.
- #82 (Ricardo Miller) 63 Ovr, 87 Spd.
- #86 (Kevin Koger) 84 Ovr, 83 Spd, 95 Acceleration, Spectacular Catch 60.
- #80 (Martell Webb) 78 Ovr, 85 Spd, 92 Spin.
- #88 (Brandon Moore) 82 Ovr.
- LT #65 (Patrick Omameh) 86 Ovr.
- LT #77 (Taylor Lewan) 84 Ovr.
- LG #52 (Stephen Schilling) 84 Ovr.
- LG #57 (Elliott Mealer) 78 Ovr.
- C #50 (David Molk) 96 Ovr(!).
- C #63 (Rocko Khoury) 79 Ovr.
- C #64 (Christian Pace) 68 Ovr.
- RG #56 (Ricky Barnum) 83 Ovr.
- RG #76 (Quinton Washington) 77 Ovr.
- RG #74 (John Ferrara) 77 Ovr.
- RT #72 (Mark Huyge) 85 Ovr.
- RT #79 (Perry Dorrestein) 85 Ovr.
- #68 (Mike Martin) 90 Ovr.
- #95 (Renaldo Sagesse) 87 Ovr.
- #73 (Will Campbell) 85 Ovr.
- #92 (Greg Banks) 80 Ovr.
- #54 (Freshman - One of Ash, Talbott, Black, etc.) 75 Ovr.
- #88 (Craig Roh) 91 Ovr, 85 Spd.
- #53 (Ryan Van Bergen) 86 Ovr.
- #58 (Brandon Herron) 82 Ovr.
- #33 (Freshman - Jake Ryan?) 77 Ovr.
- #39 (Will Heininger) 74 Ovr.
- #45 (Obi Ezeh) 81 Ovr.
- #8 (Jonas Mouton) 81 Ovr.
- #7 (Brandin Hawthorne) 80 Ovr.
- #42 (JB Fitzgerald) 79 Ovr.
- #27 (Mike Jones) 79 Ovr.
- #52 (Kevin Leach) 79 Ovr.
- #3 (Freshman - Antonio Kinard?) 77 Ovr.
- #25 (Kenny Demens) 74 Ovr.
- #30 (Freshman - Davion Rogers?) 67 Ovr.
- FS #5 (Vlad Emilien) 84 Ovr.
- SS #32 (Jodan Kovacs) 80 Ovr, 81 Spd.
- FS #15 (Freshman - Carvin Johnson?) 78 Ovr.
- FS #40 (Mike Williams) 77 Ovr.
- SS #14 (Cameron Gordon) 77 Ovr.
- SS #31 (Jared Van Slyke) 71 Ovr, 88 Spd.
- #29 (Troy Woolfolk) 84 Ovr, 94 Spd.
- #12 (JT Floyd) 81 Ovr, 89 Spd.
- #2 (Justin Turner) 78 Ovr.
- #24 (Freshman - Cullen Christian or Courtney Avery?) 75 Ovr.
- #4 (Freshman - Demar Dosey :sadface:) 74 Ovr, 96 Spd.
- #17 (Tony Anderson) 67 Ovr.
- K #34 (Brendan Gibbons) 85 Ovr, 85 Kick Power, 88 Kick Accuracy.
- P #7 (Will Hagerup) 81 Ovr, 85 Kick Power, 80 Kick Accuracy.
Anything strike you as crazy? Denard Robinson's speed is #1 for me.
Good point. The lack of designating redshirts (i.e. he's just listed as a Freshman) threw me off. I'll update accordingly.
I think # 3 is Marvin Robinson. Not positive but I think. Denard has 96 acc, That will make him run circles around people. Devin Gardner is going to be a beast. But one thing to keep in mind is that these ratings are not final. They should change before the game comes out next month.
- Kenny Demens rated lower than a freshman (Kinard, no less)?
- Interesting that Dorsey(?) is rated so low despite all the high guru approval.
- Noticably absent is Big Stephen Hopkins.
- DG speed at 90? I was always under the impression he was quick and shifty but not real straight-line fast
EDIT: I think Banks is right on #3 being M-Rob, but I still think that KD should be rated higher.
Everything I've read says that DG is like a gazelle. Once he gets some open field, he won't get caught from behind. He'll be able to wiggle out of some tackles while in the pocket, but he's not going to weave in and out of traffic.
That probably means hes got great speed, good elusiveness and break tackle, less than ideal acceleration.
I defer to your (more than likely) more accurate description.
I, also, was curious as to the lack of Hopkins.
I think I read that acceleration was more important in being "fast" than speed was. So Denard should still be crazy fast.
You have him listed with 96 acceleration, the same as Denard Robinson. Given that Denard is considered (at least by M fans) to be one of the quickest guys in college football, does it surprise anyone that White is presumed to have the same quickness?
I could be wrong but I imagine good acceleration translates into a good 40 time; is White anywhere close to Denard?
I can see I need to fix Shaw's speed, as well as Denard. I'm going to be sad about taking out Dorsey.
Could #24 be Christian instead of Avery? I'd be surprised if they left one of the best incoming freshmen off the team.
Could be. I had previously believed that CB #2 was a true freshman, so I had that pegged for Christian. When I realized that it was Justin Turner, I left Christian out. I'll update again.
Vince Smith having essentially the same speed as Denard seems a little off, and not just because of the knee injury. From what I saw last year, Smith is more of a Mike Hart runner. Picks his lanes, cuts upfield nicely, but isn't known for his breakaway speed.
And yeah, Shaw being that low in speed is kind of silly.
Comedy request: Tim, can you check and see if Hawthorne on Illinois has a faster speed than Roundtree's 93?
Hahaha, that's great.
Jeff Demps from Florida is 99 Speed, 97 Acceleration.
I haven't looked enough to see if anybody else is 99 Speed.
I was gonna say they didn't factor in Dilithium boost. 92 Spd and 96 Acceleration are 20 or 30 too low ....
No Michael Schofield?
With fewer scholarships available in the game than there are in real life, a few guys are bound to miss out on being included.
Also found JT Floyd's 89 speed and 98 accel to be kinda crazy...that's closing speed!
EDIT: And I saw that they made Denard decent with rushing and catching attributes. Can you say formation subs?
Do we know what the team rating is? NCAA 10 UM was I think a B+ team (O= B-, D= A-, ST= B ???). I hope they would carry the same grade due to the power of the name brand but is that info out there?
They scared me the most. In reality, the entire back seven should and the DBs should be at the forefront of that concern, but these rosters really make the LBs seem like the biggest. Who knows; could be a foreshadowing of things to come.
I'm assuming EA kept rosters at 70. I count 68 on this list, so we have little wiggle room to create freshmen, and add others.
Looks like Cam got left out. Teric Jones is No. 14 at safety.
I would love if Toussaint is that fast on gamedays.
Yeah, that is definitely Teric Jones. Interesting that they seemingly left out a potential opening day starter in Cam.
Koger has a 95 accel? Can't wait to see that on the 4th!
I think Marvin Robinson is the #15 saftey and Josh Furman is the #3 LB. Just my take.
Thomas Gordon is #15.
Family Values: 15
compared to Dantonio (89, 99) and Kelly (99, 92), i am disappointed
Concern for Players: 12
Snake Oil: 96
When i go to create a team to look at the rosters, all the roster templates are for last year. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
I went into team builder to check the rosters, and it's last years roster. Not seeing anything else on EA's site to find the rosters either.
The Team Builder site was not supposed to be up yet, so they took it down. None of the rosters number from there are official as of yet.
I was actually surprised that they released the rosters so early. Maybe they'll make some changes to the rosters.
#24 could be Al Backey. He's a RS freshman.
Molk at 96 overall? Yeah, hopefully.
When those guys get hurt in the game, they're out a few plays or a half at the very worst.
The back 7 not looking too hot
I think it's also worth noting that EA has said they've revamped the rating system some, making sure there was more of a spread, with less clustering in the high 80s to low 90s. So the ratings in the low 80s and 70s that is causing some gnashing of teeth may have been significantly higher last year.
Of course, that still doesn't explain why they think Michael Cox is faster than Mike Shaw.
It's too bad that Shaw doesn't really rhyme with any anatomically incorrect words or else this could have made a really good joke.
I think EA always caps QB speed around 92-93 because for whatever reason it is unrealistically easy to just run all over the field with a QB who is "too fast." They did that with guys like Pat White and Vince Young, IIRC. Maybe that is because it is so hard to simulate fatigue (even with stamina ratings and all that) or toughness but I think it's just the reality of video games (paradox - HA!).
in the interest of reality, he IS too fast.
I've always thought NCAA football rates the guys way too high, especially the young ones and they don't recognize how often players make position switches in college without going from a 78 to a 62. Always thought that would make it more interesting in dynasty if some guys grew into different positions and it was your job to find the right one for them where they best fit and until you did that, the player would have stagnant growth (real life example: Stevie Brown). Although it is true that alot of guys would be good no matter where you put them.
63? Ouch. True frosh are obviously rated lower but 63 is equivalent to about a 2* prospect.
I like that this should make it more rewarding to land an instant impact 4* or 5* guy in recruiting. Hopefully they adjusted their year to year progressions according to the new ratings. It would be pretty lame to have Ricardo top out in the mid-high 70's when all indications point to him becoming an eventual #1 receiver.
No Isaiah Bell ? ... and i imagine #24 is Cullen being that was his high school jersey #
Sadly they took them down.
92 Speed is pretty fast for QBs from the others I looked at. For example Pryor was 94 speed (ahem), but Jake Locker was 72 speed and Robert Griffin 84.
They bumped a lot of QBs speed down but Acc up except for a few really fast guys.
FWIW - I'm doing the UM roster for operations sports Xbox 360 community rosters if any is planning on DLin them.
Michigan still listed as a 4-3 defense. :(
Sure, 92 speed is fast for a QB, but Denard isn't fast for a QB, he is just plain fast.
Why in the hell do they insist on keeping Tony Anderson in this game? Back to back years.