I take heart in the non-pressured bad decision pick. Because sometimes, we also do the no pressure thing on D.
Miss St. vs Alabama game notes
Game 9 (no torrent, but Brian looked at their offense)
Game 6 (couldn't find a torrent)
Be careful about anything that seems encouraging from this game since Alabama doesn't really do anything that we do and has great athletes all over the place. Here we go:
- Haven't really mentioned it until now, but MSU Kickoff coverage has been pretty solid all year. The gunners seem to make solid tackles.
- The zen of blitz pickups, if we can just get a body on their blitzers and let their momentum take them upfield, good things should happen.
- Ballard caught a pass after faking the run, he was wide open, guess Bama has been watching the same tapes as me. He hadn't really done that all year up til now
- Relf with another bad INT. No pressure, he just made a bad decision, throwing it right to the safety.
- #90 Mcphee LE got some pressure with a speed rush
- Perkins looks good on that counter sweep
- Bama's QB is finding some openings against MSU's zone. Hit a comeback against #13 Banks who was playing pretty far off, they came right back to it and #5 was much closer on the play. #5 is a more aggressive player in coverage from that safety spot.
- #25 CB will come up hard on run support
- #50 white doesn't seem to get tired, he's sideline to sideline throughout the game.
- #94 RE made a nice play in the backfield when the pulling linemen couldn't get to him in time
- #3 gets a nice gain on a WR screen on 2nd and a mile
- Wow, Marquis Maze just made 3 people miss tackles for a long TD. #25 put a hit on up high, but Maze is too strong for that.
- Maze returns a punt for a TD, called back on a penalty, so Mark Ingram takes a hitch and just outruns everyone to the endzone
- 20-3 Bama at the half
- #61 got beat for another sack
- Julio Jones takes the jet sweep for another long TD, broke an arm tackle by #36 and #5 took a bad angle. He's done that a bit against guys with real speed.
- #86 Carr, speedy freshman screwed up the kick return, mullen gave him an earful on the sideline, wonder if he's gonna be in the doghouse the next couple weeks.
- Guess not since carr is getting involved in the run game on that drive.
- down 27-3 MSU punts on 4th and inches from it's own 30 with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. game over.
- #50 white gets a nice INT getting good depth in his zone, looks like he pulled his groin on the play
- 8 in the box is definitely the way to go aginst MSU's run game. Take your chances with relf's accuracy and MSU WR's don't have great hands.
- Can someone shoot Bob Davie with a tranquilizer, or something to just shut him up. Cam newton plays for neither alabama nor MSU, move on.
- Ballard showing more patience this week. Earlier in the year he would just slam into the hole. But he's got enough of a burst and acceleration to be more patient and look for the openings.
- Relf takes a sack holding the ball too long
- FUCKING STOP TALKING ABOUT NEWTON FOR PETE'S SAKE!
- Ingram runs right over #5
- HOLY CHRIST! BOB DAVIE HAS SPENT THE ENTIRE 2ND HALF TALKING ABOUT AUBURN, meanwhile #42 for bama is spinning off tacklers who like to hit but haven't been wrapping up that well this game.
- Subs are in, game is really over, the start of the 4th
- Isn't that cute, Julio Jones has pigtails.
- Why were people getting on Bo Pelini's case? $aban just ripped his backup QB a new one, looked much worse than anything Pelini did. He even spanks him pretty violently on the arse. That's just what football coaches do.
- Russell in at QB, hits #35 in the flat for a 1st down. something new.
- #3 drops a pass.
- #19 makes a nice catch in traffic
- Bumphis closes out the scoring by getting behind the safeties.