After being curious about what actual college football viewers, as opposed to sports writers, though the Top 25 would be I had an idea to tap into one of the most knowledgeable fan bases in the country, ours. Thus I present the first Members MGoBlog Poll. First of all I want this to be known....THIS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE ON THE SITE!!! Do not feel as if you need to have a certain amount of points to do it. I only ask for a few things.Oh real quick...Give a big positive point bang to Bleedin9Blue. He was AWESOME with the sheet. This would not be possible without him. So mad love to you sir!!!
Thank you as well to all of those who voted...great first week, way to help me get this off the ground. I am going to lock you in to the poll so you have a spot every week.
1) Do not vote until Sunday. Right now we can only accommodate so many people on the ballot (I believe that it is around 140), so please do not waste a vote by voting before all the games have been played.
2) Leave the bias out of it. I actually believe Michigan could be put in the Top 15, but not #1 Overall.
3) I promise not to change your votes, unless you are ranking teams in a way that is just crazy. It is hard to monitor over 100 people, so help me out with this.
4) You do not have to put your name on there, but it would be cool if you did so that I know who has been voting. I appreciate those that do and would like to give people a shout out if they have been doing really well.
5) Do not kill each other if you do not agree with the rankings. There will hopefully be enough people to balance out the few really high/ really low ranked teams.
6) Have fun with this. I think that our poll is a more true example of what is going on in the world of college football, because we can leave the pre-season stuff out of it. Vote based on WHO HAS THE BEST RESUME SO FAR. Do not try to predict the future.
OK...For our first poll we had almost 20 voters. A team ranked 1st got 25 points, a team ranked 25th got 1 point. We are working on a way to auto-compare it with the AP and Coaches' Poll, but for the first week I will just write some notes to do the analysis. So without further ado...the first annual MGoBlog Members Blog Poll
Some observations. This week we seem to have most of the same teams as the experts, but it a different order. I think that this will eventually change, and will lead to some better analysis.LOVE 'EM
(Teams we have ranked substantially higher)
Miami (FL)HATE "EM
(Teams we have ranked substantially lower)
ON THE BRINK
(Team where people had no idea where to rank them)
Oklahoma- The Sooners were ranked as high as 5 and were left off of one ballot entirely.
Others- Kansas, TCU and MiamiLINK
Here is your link to participate. You can go there now to check out the ballot. PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE FORMULAS IN THE TAB MARKED CHARTS, ONLY ENTER THINGS INTO THE VOTE SHEET. If you are sure that you are going to vote, you can fill your name in for the information...again just please do not vote until Sunday and do not put in your information if you are not sure if you are going to vote at all. Copy and paste the link below into your browser, and we will have this up and posted on Tuesday of next week. Thanks again to those of you who voted this week.http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmMe19eG6tLTdHVQOXdWYzlyVHJENTJP...