Oh shit, i actually don't mind it.
I feel so dirty..
This is probably more of a topic for the MGoBoard, but I can't put an image in a post there so it becomes my first Diary entry, mostly by default. Anyway, I was doing some photoshoppin' and, although the buzz on the new uniforms has mostly died down, I thought there would still be some interest in what our jerseys might look like in maize (since about 80% of people out there seem to think it's a foregone conclusion that the team will sport them at some point).
In my opinion, the jersey itself doesn't look so bad, but I don't think it would look that good in action. I never liked Cal's gold jersey/blue pants combo and the WV all-yellow uniforms are starkly reminiscent of a banana. Perhaps, after the Notre Dame game (the first time the new road unis will be worn in action), I'll work with the whole uniform, but, more likely, the presence of actual football will cause me to lose interest in such trivial matters as the uniform.
Note: the image is watermarked as "fake" not so much because of my own perceived photoshop prowess (anyone who takes a decent look can tell it's not real), but more because of my understanding that, the internets being the internets, these things tend to get out of hand; i.e.: "OMG! Michigan + RR = WVU, LOL", etc.
Oh shit, i actually don't mind it.
I feel so dirty..
You know, you'll probably have to put "FAKE" right across the actual uniform to keep someone from cutting out the background, posting it at RCMB, and having a 12 page thread devoted to how RR is killing our tradition, MSU will roool, and an urban legend starting that RR was going to introduce yellow unis but was shot down by the AD or something.
What's the rule on wearing non-white jerseys on the road? I don't see us ever wearing something other than the blue jerseys at home. And if white is required on the road, maize has no place for display.
I also don't see us trying out something other than maize pants, which would turn the maize jersey into the top half of a banana combo.
I see something like this as suitable apparel for the Maize Out. although since its not "authentic" some may place the Walmart Wolverine tag on it.
Nice photoshop work.
I don't buy that, I think there has been a lot of debate,(pointless, really...but that is what happens in an offseason and I am taking part in it too), but i hardly think people believe that it WILL happen.
Maize could only be worn at home, as on the road you have to wear white (since most home teams, choose first). No way anyone is able to convince Michigan to not wear the Blue jersey, maybe if RR really wanted them (and is there any basis for that anyways? Why does everyone assume RR wants the team wearing maize?)
is some diamond plating on the shoulders ala Oregon and it would be even awesomer!!! But seriously, Maize jerseys @ home during a maize out would be kind of cool, but would piss off a lot of people and I mean ALOT OF PEOPLE!
No. Just.... no.
that's badass and you know it. they should make these, if only so we can wear them in the crowd.
Ugh! These are horrible anywhere!
so we can have our own version of the notre dames' green jersey? no thanks...
By "suitable apparel for the Maize Out" I had meant for the fans, not the players.
The only way I could see this jersey getting on the field is if we happened to play at one of the schools that wears white at home (only LSU comes to mind). But that still puts in maize jerseys with maize pants... yuck!
Methinks your 80% number is beyond inflated. And I have no issue with selling that as a fan's souvenier, but it will never see the field.
Michigan wears blue jerseys with maize #'s at home, that's the deal.
The 80% wasn't meant to be a prediction--I didn't say that there was an 80% chance of it happening. FWIW, I don't think the football team will wear it so I'm placing myself in the 20% (maybe more) on that end. Even Nike made a maize replica jersey so that's a definite possibility.
I say this with an unblemished record of staunched heterosexuality.
What pants would be worn with this? With yellow pants == banana. With blue pants == Cal.
Both options are bad.
but i don't know if i actually dislike them. aesthetically, it flows pretty well. i'd be interested to see what they looked like on field, but that's not going to happen.
80% think it's inevitable that we'll wear maize at some point? Where do you get that from?
Studies show that 75% of all statistics are made up.
That's right. I'm not accusing you, the reader, of wishing for the maize jersey or even thinking that it might happen so just relax. I did not conduct/consult any surveys on the matter; nor did I scour the internet to conduct comparitave analysis of instances where people though it was a possibility v. those who didn't. It was a throwaway sentence and, I think, of little context to the actual point of the post: I thought there was some interest in seeing what the adidas design would look like in maize so I posted it for discussion. That's all. This was already brough up and addressed below, but I edited the post to soften the language so that maybe it's more apparent that I was just sayin'.
If it's not researched, I'm ignoring all content of the post.
that WVU lost a shot at an NC in?
Yea, Rich wants one of those.
for a fan jersey - it would work as something they sell in the team shop but the players don't wear on the field.
i was just reading RCMB, and a thread was all about how RR was going to introduce yellow unis but was shot down by the AD or something. it was a 12 page thread devoted to how RR is killing our tradition, MSU will roool, Dantonio rawks Sparty on! brah, etc. ad nausium.
also, as far as potential yellow jerseys go this isn't too bad, but yeah.... still no.