blind allegiance will not be tolerated. what could jb have done in the ok game to turn it around.
1. start wright in second half instead of waiting till the 12:00 minute mark.why? he was hot and great coaches usually take advantage of that.
2. played gibson and sims together as this game should have been about guarding griffin with 2 big players.
3. fouled griffin within 10 seconds of each possesion in the last 5 minutes of each half. wright , sheppard, perry all ended with 0 fouls and gibson had 1. hack a shaq would have worked in this game 2 ways. slowed griffin and frustrated him. I would much rather have griffin at the ft line than dunking or passing out for an open 3. he was involved in 10 points scored in this time period and the hack a shaq would have reduced that to 5-6, in other words this could have dramatically changed this game.
4. played harris in last 5 minutes of first half while protecting him on the defensive side with the above hack griffin defense and keep him involved in the offense.
5. cut douglas and novack's minutes in a game where both of them looked lost and ineffective.
6. not called timeout with 9 seconds left in first half for the usual waste of the last possession while leaving manny on the bench after the timeout.
my main concern with beilein has always been game decisions and this game was a classic example of what needs to be learned from and hopefully improved.
because of the iowa loss the team lost a 7-9 seeding and this would have made a major difference in whom michigan faced and just maybe we would be looking forward to a sweet 16 matchup on thursday.