...says Denzel Valentine of Big Ten Tourney favorite MSU, which is 5-7 in its last 12 games. Cumong, man.
Deep Under Cover
Mods please move if not diary worthy
Yesterday in Rescue_Dawn's Recruiting Map diary, someone commented that they hoped we wouldn't get to the point of having an interactive Google map for our recruiting... We just did.
I read the comment and thought it was a cool idea, so I got to work. Being fresh out of school and not really having much of a life outside of work, I had the spare time. I came up with a rough draft for the map yesterday, and today I have made some major updates to make the map a more powerful tool for tracking recruiting. Features for the map originally included:
- Interactive Google map with interest points at each recruit's location
I have revamped it to now be a community-supported tool. New features include:
- A list of links to recruits to help easier locate one particular recruit on the map
- Updated geocoding caches... Hopefully will make markers more accurate
- The ability for anyone to propose updates to existing recruit
- The ability for anyone to propose new recruits
- Email confirmation of approved changes or disapproved changes with reasoning
- List of recent contributors
- New additional info field for linking to articles, highlight videos, other info, etc.
Any changes proposed will be moderated by me. I will not be verifying the data in the proposed changes, per se, this is just really to avoid system abuse.
What I need from people here is to look at the map and test it out. There are a lot of aesthetic things that need to be changed (I got numerous ideas yesterday, thanks to everyone!), but I chose to focus more on functionality, and even then I am sure there is plenty out there that could still break (there is a lot of data-validation that needs to be done eventually). If you have any ideas that would make this more user friendly, or if you notice something break, let me know and I will get to fixing it!
I think with everyone's help it could turn into a pretty neat community recruiting tool.
To get started in adding info to recruits, click the Click to Contribute button in the upper-right (can be hard to see).
I hope everyone finds it useful and I look forward to getting some feedback!