who are you? THE KNOWLEDGE or something?
10 Bold Predictions for a Bold New Era
1) Despite heavy fan resistance, advertising will enter the Big House after David Brandon agrees to let a Domino's Pizza operate in the north endzone.
2) Citing the commitment of a moon rock, Michigan State will point to its new found focus on intergalactic recruiting.
3) Tate Forcier will finally manage to get his act together at SJSU. Unfortunately, his act will consist entirely of shop lifting and smoking Black and Milds.
4) Mike Martin will win this year's Royal Rumble in dramatic fashion after he flips Sgt. Slaughter over the top rope.
5) NCAA investigators will begin sniffing around Minnesota's football program after they suspiciously manage to win 5 games.
6) The Big Ten will shock the world when they announce that National Taiwan University will be its 13th member starting in the 2014 season.
7) Realizing they are losing an arms race, Nebraska will begin airing ads on the Big Ten Network in mid-October touting their University as a place where robots are built, breakthroughs in prosthetic limb engineering achieved, third world energy crisis solved, and the spirit of the students, faculty, and staff are embodied in its many Division 1 athletic endeavors.
8) After euro-zone troubles send the Dow tumbling and the price of gold past $2000/oz, David Brandon will buckle and sell Denard Robinson to a group of Saudi investors.
9) Will Campbell will finally emerge as force to be reckoned with. He will destroy records previously thought untouchable and leave a champion. All of this will take place at Mongolian Barbeque next Wednesday afternoon.
10) Ohio State will win the Leaders division and square off against Nebraska in the inaugural Big Ten Championship game. However, they will be forced to take the field as Wisconsin after it's discovered that the players have sold off every last one of their uniforms to Jeb Huntley of Sylvania, OH.
The Tate line was a bit of a low-blow but other than that it was kinda funny.
OK but the rest not so much...
I'm voting for #3. Love the intergalactic recruiting. There is this Martian guy named Marvin that runs a 4.34 and is totally at home wearing a helmet and blowing things up.
and i know Jeb. he would do that
The M hire may very well have been the right one. Thus far, it appears to have been so. And I'm hoping that's the case going forward (even as a rival).
But going back to what you know, the "tried and true," is not bold. It's comfortable, soft, and warm.
It's not a bold era. It's not all that new an era either. But let's all hope it's a good one. M's success is good for the B1G, for MSU, for M, for OSU, for college football, etc....
Perhaps that's your point.
If you're going to rip off Orson, at least make it clever.
This was a total fail
You can accuse me of a lot of things - being unfunny, not being clever, having dandruff - but please don't accuse me of plagiarism:
I was apparently grumpier than usual last night. /whiskey