the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
Wednesday Recruitin' Avoids Dee Overload
Remember, all-time updates can be found on the 2011 Michigan Football Recruiting Board. If you have any recruiting tips or questions, you can e-mail them to me at email@example.com or tweet @varsityblue. For game updates on Wolverine commits, check out the F riday Night Lights series.
I'll try to keep the overload on this topic to a minimum, but FL RB Dee Hart makes his decision this Friday at noon between Michigan and Alabama. In last week's Sam Webb article in the Detroit News:
Chad Simmons: "I like Michigan's chances here."
Geoff Vogt: "I definitely see Dee Hart going to Michigan. I think it is where he has always been most comfortable.
Hart's teammate HaSean Clinton-Dix is changing his tune about Michigan being too cold, by the way. Still think he's a longshot, and he's claiming to be solid to Bama. Michigan is showing interest in a couple more DP guys as well, in WR Chris Gallon and S Roderick Ryles.
Keep an eye on mgoblog Friday around noon for a Demetrius Hart update.
Another big game at home, another group of official and unofficial visitors. This list, according to Tom:
- Devondrick Nealy - (5'10", 175 lbs/ Slot Receiver/ Jefferson County, FL/ 3 Star)
- Marquise Williams - (6'3", 210 lbs/ Quarterback/ Mallard Creek, NC/ 3 Star)
- Jack Miller - Michigan commit
- Kellen Jones - Michigan commit
- Jake Fisher - Michigan commit
- James Elliott - (6'4", 305 lbs/ Offensive Line/ Pensacola, FL/ 3 Star) He'll be back in December as well. He's waiting for a committable offer. If he gets it, expect him to commit.
- Anthony Zettel - (6'4", 250 lbs/ Defensive/Offensive Line/ Ogemaw, MI/ 4 Star)
- Kishon Wilcher - (5'6", 154 lbs/ Cornerback/ Cass Tech, MI/ 3 Star)
- Royce Jenkins-Stone - (6'2", 215 lbs/ Linebacker/ Cass Tech, MI)
- Terry Richardson - (5'9", 160 lbs/ Cornerback/ Cass Tech, MI)
- Matt Godin - (6'5", 253 lbs/ Defensive End/Tackle/ Detroit Catholic Central)
- Brian Blackburn - (6'5", 197 lbs/ Quarterback/ Crockett, Mi)
- Danny O'Brien - (6'3", 278 lbs/ Defensive Tackle/ Flint, Mi) Will only be there for the first half, because he has homecoming.
- Hunter Matt - (6'2", 187 lbs/ Linebacker/ Roosevelt, MI)
- Juwan Lewis - (5'11", 200 lbs/ Running Back/ Muskegon, MI)
In the future, Michigan can look forward to visits from PA DE Deion Barnes ($, info in header), NC TE Drew Owens will officially visit Michigan for the Iowa game ($, info in header), and NJ TE Jack Tabb will be making a trip to Ann Arbor sometime this fall ($, info in header), this time for an official.
Sam Webb has been dropping hints on the WTKA recruiting roundup that a bigtime prospect committed to another school is planning an official visit to Ann Arbor, and most believe Florida State commit FL S Karlos Williams will take a visit to Ann Arbor.
Sam Webb's weekly Detroit News column went roundtable last week, as Sam asked Scout.com's recruiting experts about some notable recruits.
MI DE/OL Anthony Zettel (pictured at right):
Allen Trieu: "Michigan was his first love and it's always tough to forget your first love. Michigan right now is the leader with a couple of schools following behind."
MI RB Thomas Rawls:
Trieu: "A bunch of schools have told him that once he gets his academics taken care of he will get offered... I do know that Michigan is very interested."
MLive has fluff on his quest to pick up his grades to earn college scholarships.
FL CB Dallas Crawford and FL WR/S Sammy Watkins:
Simmons: I think there are a few schools that if they treat Dallas right and they recruit him the right way, that gives them a definite leg up with Sammie Watkins."
Vogt: "I think there is a pretty good chance that Dallas Crawford ends up wearing Maize & Blue... Michigan is certainly one of the top three teams [for Watkins] (with Clemson and Miami)."
For Spartan fans, there are also updates on MI WR DeAnthony Arnett and OH CB Doran Grant, so check it out.
Check out Tom's weekly update for the latest on OH OL Ray Ball and OH LB Sean Duggan.
Happy Trails, FL CB/S Jonathan Aiken, who committed to Rutgers.
Happy Trails, PA OL Paul Gaughan, a Boston College commit.
FL QB Bennie Coney has the Wolverines in his top five, along with Florida State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, and Purdue.
For those extremely worried about the recruitment of OH DE Chris Wormley, Fox Toledo's Hardcore Recruiting Minute covers the pride of Whitmer High School.
For those unable to watch, the important section goes like this:
Chen: "But he definitely has his eyes on the team he's loved growing up: The Maize and Blue."
Wormley: "You know, they're becoming a good program now and the stuff they're doing - they're definitely still in my top. So we'll see where everthing goes... You know, it excites me that they're coming up and becoming the Michigan team that they've always been, and, you know, it's just a good thing for them."
Wormley is now holding an Ohio State offer, so he's no shoo-in to land in Michigan's class. He won't decide until during or after his senior season.
OH S Allen Gant was in the house for Michigan's victory over Bowling Green ($, info in header).