This audio clip from mvictors with Ken White of Vegas Sports Consultants doesn't really answer your question but it might be interesting nonetheless: http://mvictors.com/?p=748
this guy evidently hired to work for AD
DUDE. California QB Tate Forcier is the younger brother of former Michigan QB Jason and has a website up with offer letters, personal photographs, stats, and a bunch more stuff. Amongst the personal photos is Jason Forcier in an old school "Worst State Ever" shirt:
Awesome. You, reader, should probably buy four. Tate, by the way, is the one in the hoodie.
We might not die. Michigan fans look to Vegas for reassurance they won't end up in Detroit against a MAC team this winter, and Vegas provides. Earlier this year they provided absurdly good odds for a Michigan national title, naming M the tenth most likely to win it all. Those are sucker bets, though, and their latest available bet proves that:
That's Vegas's over-under for the entire Big Ten, which still might be a sucker bet susceptible to public perception -- Iowa at 6th? -- but 8 wins is way more plausible than tenth overall. The best bet, IMO: the Minnesota under.
Taiwan. That's where Arizona transfer and likely starting point guard* Laval Lucas Perry most recently played. He didn't shoot well, but it was only three games. Here's the first half of one:
Feel the excitement of basketball in Taiwan!
*(once January rolls around; Perry has to sit out the fall semester because of his transfer.)
Etc.: How West Virginians see America. Made by a West Virginian, so don't blame me.
Maybe they're the anti-Clausens.
There's actually a big difference between expected wins and chance to win the MNC. You have to look at the distributions under them. Looking at a group of games for Michigan (PSU/Wisconsin/Illinois) if Michigan can win 1, then they can likely win them all, and only OSU would be a large threat. If Michigan loses to one of those teams, they are likely to lose to all 3.
Based on the Vegas odds and win expectancies, I'd wager it's highly likely Michigan's distribution curve has "mini-peaks" around 5 win and 11 wins. This is not the say the odds or 5 wins are the same as the odds of 11, but that Michigan is more likely to win 11 than 10, or 5 than 6/7 than a normal distribution would suggest.
In normal words, if I have a 10% chance to win $15, and a 90% chance to win $5, my expected return is $6. If I have a 50% chance to win $5 and a 50% chance to win $7 my expected return is also $6. However, it's pretty clear that the upside is higher in the first set of outcomes.
I wouldn't call them suckers bets Bryan. It's in Vegas' best interest to set lines/expectencies right on the dot. They want the same amound of money on both sides of the deal (in the case of odds to win MNC they want money according to the odds). Everything in Vegas is set to give the house a very small take from a ton of transactions. In aggregate, you're not really betting against the house in sports betting, you're betting against the people on the other side of the line, and Vegas takes a 1-2% skim for enabling the transaction.
It's okay so far. For now, I liked Hip Hop Is Dead more. I need to listen to the whole thing. It's too bad he left out "War Is Necessary" and "Be a (N word), Too." He needs to make another Lost Tapes. Hero is a good song though. Also, the song ripping on Fox News is kind of stupid (just change the channel!).
I don't know about that...the other brother is already sporting his UCLA gear. Maybe early 07.
yeah but that pic was taken a year or two ago, meaning "Tits" could have been as young as 15/16. That's not full-grown age.
Mendenhall was that entire offense, and without him around to spare Juice and his awful everything, it will get ugly. Plus they lose All American(hero) J Leman. Not good.
PSU is actually pretty stout this year, with the entire offense(OL,WRs,RB, everything) back except Morelli - which is great news for them. Losing Lee sucks though.
IMO, of course. I never buy CDS (I think the state of the music industry is horrible) - this was the first CD I've been looking forward to buying since TP-3, and I've been very impressed with it so far. Tracks 4 and 5 are instant classics. Call me crazy but the Fox background beat sounds like a Weezer song (hash pipe maybe?).
And yes another lost tapes would be a great idea.
I'm not sure how much of a slap in face it would be to weat UCLA gear in front of Lloyd and co - I'd take the old regime's word on a recruit over Dorrell's Staff any day.
I love 'em just like dex, or bgh, or whoever said that. But they remind me of a typical family. You got three kids, and two of them look like carbon copies of each other. "Yup, those two are definitely mine", the father will say when he's puring a glass of wine at his secretary's apartment during a late night "meeting". "But that third one", he'll continue, as the secretary dips his balls in the wine and lovingly licks it off, "He looks like that asshole that used to be on my bowling team"."You mena Xi Ling Dong, the guy from China?" "Yeah. Here two of the kids are 6'2, with blond hair and blue eyes, and then there's the middle one, who is 5'3 with jet black hair, and he's the only one who understands geometry! I mean, the thought of her cheating on me is terrible enough, but the possibility that one of the kids..." "Oh, XXXXncter, why don't you just forget about it? The kid will probably end up in prison at the rate he's going, and you won't have to worry about him. Besides, he'll be 19 very soon, and then you'll be able to divorce your wife and run away with me!"
Love the new edit feature Brian.
Clearly, you have a gift. Please post more often.