was THE WORST. It was like a high school reporter interviewing RR for his paper. "What is your favorite movie?" Horrible interview. Who was that guy?
Unverified Voracity Is Up Early, Mildly Cranky
Talking. Fifteen minutes of Rodriguez talking to ESPN follows:
What does it mean to be a guy who asks only questions that start with “what does it mean to be”? It’s a challenge, I’ll tell you that.
Or. Or. Or. The first depth chart loves the word “or” and has some stuff that might be too weird to take seriously, like “McGuffie OR Shaw OR Minor OR Brown” at tailback—all four will play but the ORs are probably a matter of injury more than reality—and previously buried LaTerryal Savoy the tentative leader at “Z” receiver.
Other items of note:
- Panter listed as the starting SLB with Evans the starting WLB; walk-on Kevin Leach is Panter’s backup.
- Steve Brown and Brandon Harrison are the starting safeties.
- Mike Martin is on the two-deep at DT; Jason Kates is not.
- No Junior Hemingway, no doubt because of injury.
- I dare you to look at the offensive line backups without throwing up.
Rodriguez had yet another press conference at which he related mostly the same stuff he’s related at every other one. Some items of note:
- JB Fitzgerald was a new guy mentioned in line for playing time as a freshman.
- The punt return job is between Warren and Odoms.
- Grady suspended for Utah and possibly longer.
- This quote is characteristically blunt: “The most damaging part, injury-wise, in camp was to our O-line, which was an area we couldn’t afford. Cory Zirbel went out with a knee and his backup, Mark Huyge, went out with an ankle. Now all of a sudden, we’re really scrambling, with already inexperienced players.”
- Moosman will start at either center or guard and the ORs on the depth chart indicate a race between Molk and—gulp—newly minted OL John Ferrara.
Three down. Reports have both Mediacom and Time Warner reaching agreements with the Big Ten Network, which would leave Wisconsin-based Charter the lone holdout amongst the vast array of cable and satellite providers serving the channel’s footprint. One imagines they’d have to cave shortly.
Why don’t you sit down? This guy on “To Catch a Predator” possesses the archetypical buckstache:
I mean, that’s just spectacular right there. Straight out of Central Casting.
Etc.: Touted Minnesota freshman Marqueis Gray gets dinged by the Clearinghouse and will not play for the Gophers this fall. More speculation that VT QB Tyrod Taylor will redshirt this fall… I think Newsome is gone but that has to help.
does Time Warner's agreement w/ BTN mean anything for those of us living outside the footprint? like NYC for example? hell, i already pay a ton for cable as it is - god forbid they actually offer something i wouldn't mind paying for.
brian - maybe something worth covering tonight in nyc
edit - here is the statement from big ten website http://www.bigtennetwork.com/corporate/Time-Warner-Cable-Statement.asp
all buckeye perverts to continue wearing osu gear whenever they get caught on tape? at 1-6 it's providing me the best ammo in message board flame wars. This guy and the library masturbator are probably best friends.
And I like how the depth chart simply has SB. No TB, no RB, we've got fast guys with good moves and EVEN WE DON'T KNOW where they're going to line up.
Does that interviewer (ESPN's Darren Lyn) remind anyone else of Lloyd from Entourage? RichRod should have gone Ari Gold on him for asking such stupid questions...
1. Helmuth weighing in at 266? Jesus. Move him to OG!!!111 (At least he's blocked people before, unlike Ferrara.)
2. Morales is not even the backup long snapper.
I'm a little disappointed that Mouton got beat out by both Panter and Evans.
For all you Big Ten Network customers, check out Big Ten Tonight tonight, to see the "burning questions" on the second half of the Big Ten teams, including Michigan. I watched them last night and coach DiNardo has some really good insight and objective predictions. MSU...not going to be this year's IL; IL...going to have a let down; Minn looks much more talented and should be bowl eligible by year's end.
The MZone, gone but not forgotten. Long live the Buckstache.
Here at Central Michigan University, we don't get the Big Ten Network because FREAKING CHARTER is refusing to cave in.
Note to Charter: YOU'RE NOT PROVING ANYTHING
That video of Mr. Parkinride Buckstache is hilariously, pathetically disturbing. It should be shown to every Ohio high school player we're recruiting.
To be fair, I am pretty sure that Mr. Hansen & Co. have caught a guy with some M paraphernalia on before.
Just finished watching the whole 55 minute Monday presser video. I forgot what happened during the first 54 minutes because when asked what he expected the offense to do against Utah, soft spoken Greg Matthews drops "40-50 points is nothing."
Dear flying spaghetti monster, oh ye quantum gods: Let me experience the universe where matthews is right.