I figured with all of the recruiting talk, I would take the road less traveled and thank our coach for a few things. Kind of "homerish" but if McFarlin can get his say on Mike Hart, I can get my word in on RR:
1) Thank you for not taking recruiting lightly and showing some brass on some kids who, otherwise, may end up being stars at Fresno State or Wyoming.
2) Thank you for not leaving any stone unturned.
3) Thank you for recruiting players who fit your system, because, we all know what it is like to have pro-style athletes in an "RR Offense."
4) Thank you for continuing to recruit the same type of kids that made you successful at Glenville, Tulane, Clemson, West Virginia, and shortly U of M.
5) Thank you for using snake oil when it needs to be used.
6) Thank you for bringing up one of the best coaching staffs with you when you came from WVU -- continuity in coaching always helps recruits
7) Thank you for solidifying MI's presence in the south
8) Thank you for bringing in a top tiered recruiting class this past season
9) Thank you for building depth at every position so that we never have a situation again where the cupboard ends up bare before and during a season
9a) Thank you for building that depth with the understanding that not every kid on the team can be a five star and that a depth chart is just that -- a chart
10) Thank you for not changing who you are just because you are the coach at the best school in America