I had the unfortunate privilege of seeing Rick Morrissey’s column from the Chicago Tribune that was posted on the Freep. As a disclaimer, I hate the Freep, but I am always looking for new UM content so you can take the rest of this for what it is worth.
I don’t encourage you to read the pile of garbage, so I will summarize the key points:
• Don’t bitch about player decommits because coaches decommit on their players
• Enter villain = Rodriguez who emerged from the underworld to coach Michigan
• Weird connection to Bernard Madoff (for humor I guess?)
• Another timeline recap of his leaving WV
• Said villain job hops, has a leering eye on any new position and doesn’t pay his bills
Are you kidding me? First of all, isn’t the fact that he changed jobs a bit of an old story? Don’t we have numerous new examples? Gene Chizik
Should we look at this betrayal through another lens? Are coaches allowed to retire? Fulmer left his recruits high and dry!
Can schools fire coaches? Tommy abandoned his recruits! I mean Auburn helped Tommy abandon his recruits by firing him!
I could see someone calling bullshit if RR was out there bemoaning his fate of having decommits in this last class. However, I not read anything beyond him noting that decommits happen, you recruit all the way to the end and sometimes this works for the best, sometimes it doesn’t (would be happy to read something to the contrary). I am just amazed at what some columnists consider news. While I expect this fear and loathing from Douche Sharp, I am surprised to see it coming out of Chicago.