I listened to part of the Huge Radio Show Monday (8/3) and he was having a Spartan Special with many great Spartans past and present on the show. George Perles, Tom Izzo, and a bunch of other names - most of which I didn't recognize. I was constantly annoyed by the petty insults and pathetic propaganda thrown out against Rodriquez and UofM by Spartys. Everything from:
1) A coach cannot succeed at Michigan unless he has a Bo connection and Rodriquez does not have that.
2) UofM Football will improve in a few years when they do have a coach with a Bo connection (Read: Rodriquez is about to get fired).
3) Rodriquez has no High School Coaching Connections in the state of Michigan.
4) You must recruit well in your state to win and Dantonio is and Rodriquez is not.
5) Spartans should help Rodriquez have charity fund raisers for his WVU buyout (a real funny joke).
I was really blown away by the absurdity of some of these statements, it is as if East Lansing has gotten drunk after 7-6 and 9-4 seasons (with how many wins over teams that finished in the Top-25?). Then Tom Izzo got on the air. As classy as ever, no digs at Michigan. In fact he even praises Beilein's efforts.
Izzo always seems to do a good job coaching and keep his dignity. He gets the job done the right way and I can respect him even though he coaches a rival team. Sure he has moments with his temper, but he is as effective as any college basketball coach in America. Maybe I am a bit biased since he owns a summer home in my hometown, but I actually like Izzo and wish that there were more coaches like him.
Are there any rival coaches that you all respect and for what reason?
P.S. I honestly do not remember ever hearing any UofM employee past or present take petty shots like I heard on Monday at any rival.