i see what you're saying, i just think he'd be better off not mentioning other teams.
Postgame Presser Notes: Eastern Michigan
After a little time to digest it all, here are important notes from the postgame press conference.
- David Molk suffered a potentially serious foot injury, and Rodriguez hopes it's not broken. If he's out, Moosman and Khoury will step in at the center position. Tate's injury was just bruised ribs, and he should be fine. Rodriguez didn't say it was anything serious in the press conference, but I saw Mike Williams wearing a walking boot outside Crisler Arena after the game. Sitting Minor was precautionary, because he's still sore.
- Rodriguez seems pretty angry about the Mouton suspension. The worst part: the team wasn't informed until after practice Thursday, which means they didn't even get to practice with the backups in the game. That's inexcusable by the Big Ten, IME. Rodriguez plans to make sure the Big Ten is equally diligent for the rest of the season in suspending players from every team around the conference. He specifically mentioned something that happened at the end of an early game yesterday when a Purdue lineman went after an NIU player with an elbow.
- The team only had 2 penalties for 20 yards in the game, a major improvement to this point. RR implied that he thought one of them wasn't a great call (I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Cissoko PI), and wasn't happy about it.
- Coach Rodriguez and Brandon Graham both said they don't want Michigan to be a second-half team, but rather a 4-quarter team. However, it's not surprising with their conditioning that they can wear teams out in the second half.
- Kevin Leach and Brandon Graham both said there weren't many schematic changes at halftime, but rather an emphasis on players sticking to their gaps and executing their assignments.
- Craig Roh said he didn't have to think about his interception - he just reacted and came down with the ball.
- When asked if he really likes running into the South endzone, Denard Robinson had the quote of the day: "I think I had one going this way, too." Rodriguez emphasized that Robinson is a passing threat, and Robinson said his picks were mental mistakes, a result of inexperience.
- Carlos Brown said it feels good to be healthy, and noted that he ran for more yards in the first half yesterday than he did for all of last year.
[Editor's note: here's the obvious cheapshot by the Purdue player:
You made this bed, Jim Delany, and now it's time to lie in it.]
Does anyone know why two people in uniform were intensely perusing the crowd during the whole game, particularly in the southwest corner, with binoculars and a scope from the top of the north end of the new structure on the east side? I'm pretty sure they weren't birders looking for eagles. I also don't think they were there during the first two games.
They were there for Western, but, oddly enough, not for Notre Dame. Actually, there were probably more of them at the ND game and we just couldn't see them.
Of course they're STEALTHY. They were the slot ninjas who are redshirting this year.
I saw them. It looked like they were pointing their binocs out toward Main St., at least for a while
Maybe they're looking for people boozing it up in the student section. The SW corner would be the ideal spot for that
Watching that presser is so frustrating when Denard comes to the podium. He walks up with that big smile on his face, obviously excited about the win and proud of his contributions. The media, however, just asks question after about how people say he isn't really a quarterback. By the end of the interview, they effectively knocked the smile off his face and had him thinking the world has no confidence in him. Poor guy. I wish they would have let him enjoy the postgame.
Those who find themselves unable to contribute anything meaningful to society --and this goes for people of any profession, though certainly it could be argued that this type filters disproportionately into mainstream journalism-- make careers through derision and corrosion of the accomplishments of the noble type.
Consider, for example, the compulsory negativity and cynicism with which Buckeyes approach football fandom, as opposed to the glorious and self-actualized Wolverines. We cheer, "GO BLUE!" while they cheer "I Don't Give a Damn About the Whole State of Michigan" ... it is an obvious indication of their own sense of inferiority (an accurate sense, to be sure!). They are acutely aware that any attempt to promote themselves is a waste of time, because they are acutely aware of what a sham such promotion would be! They know their own worthlessness, and so their only hope is to remain in their intrinsically low state, yet rise in a relative sense by tearing down those who are superior.
It is a shame that society cannot convince these petty ingrates that digging ditches is a vastly better use of their time.
So when did this injury happen to Molk. I watched the game on TV and never remember seeing him go out.
it sounds like it may have happened early in the game but he continued to play on it. I guess the pain got worse as the game went on.
for stage diving into the MSU band, however a clarinet player was suspended for two games for punching him.
Is this the same clarinet that punched out a trombone at a house party, effectively ending his trombone playing career, and was later reinstated after a few month jail term was cut short for marching season?
I thought I was the only one who saw that grandstanding dive. I also thought I was being hypersensitive about Mouton's suspension. It did make me angry how the announcers thought it was cool. If the NCAA over looks that there is something really wrong with them, and the little respect I had for them will be totally gone. Some governing body, uh? They are a paper tiger.
The Big 10 should be ashamed of itself, if you ask me. They blindsided Michigan with a suspension for something that is not exactly clear. Basically, the conference took the word of a whining coach from Notre Dame over the judgment of one of its own coaches. Inexcusable. And Fat Charlie seems like an even bigger piece of shit for complaining and his hypocrisy since his players were just as culpable. What a scumbag.
Ah, classy ND.
720p torrent is up by the way:
2009 Eastern Michigan at Michigan 720p WMV: http://bit.ly/4U432