Not sure how many of you care, but I wanted to throw together a quick overview/summary of interesting things I have read in the Freep and other sites about the teams opening up of fall camp. Some will be very obvious, but I hope you will get something out of it.
Info courtesy of:
1. QB's: Three way battle between Sheridan, Forcier, and Robinson with Forcier being the one most mentally ready (obviously). RR will let the QB's get hit in upcoming practices, "You've got to get them banged up a little bit because (otherwise) how do you get them ready?" he said. "Our (defensive) guys will be smart and on an unmolested hit they'll pull up a little bit. But we've got to let them get hit a little bit. And then after a week and a half or two weeks once the guys have separated and identified if they're ready to play, then we've got to limit their getting hit."
2. JT Turner, Witty, and the elder Forcier have not been cleared yet by the NCAA to practice. RR says he is "optimistic" about Turner and Forciers situation will be resolved in a few days.
3. We have new practice jerseys - Defensive jerseys are blue with maize stripes and #'s and offensive white ones with navy #'s and stripes.
4. Matthews, Odoms, Stokes, Warren, and T. Robinson are working out as punt returners.
5. RR has had to defend himself a lot about the Feagin situation and recruiting kids with questionable character.
6. The first 2 days of Spring practice have been very hot and muggy, coming it at around 114 degrees on the field.
7. The new locker room is beautiful and the Al Glick practice facility ideal for what they need and, at 85 feet, one of the tallest in collegiate football. Each locker has a background lit nameplate with a winged helmet. There's a sunken area in the center with lockers reserved for the teams seniors, though the low number this year has some true juniors in there.
8. Injuries, etc: On the field, all key personnel were participating. Kelvin Grady was with the slot receivers, previously-injured Michael Shaw was with the tailbacks, Jonas Mouton was healed after missing spring as well. Tailback Fitzgerald Toussaint, who had a summer injury, was also out there.