Rasheed Wallace is headed towards the Celtics, which should make the Celtics a strong favorite in the East. I think they are either two or three but would be the definitive two pending the health of Kevin Garnett. The Magic are my two right now, but losing Turkoglu hurts and I'm not sure how much Carter has left, although playing in his hometown should rejuvenate him a little.
Just thought of this - two amazing dunkers on the same team - I hope they can pull off something awesome during a game.
It's pretty interesting to see that all the contenders for next year are picking up some pieces, either interesting or crucial.
For instance, in the West
- The Lakers lose Ariza and gain Artest (big upgrade, IMO)
- The Rockets lose Artest and perhaps Yao (huge loss) and gain Ariza (not too bad)
- The Spurs gained Richard Jefferson (so far I think this is the move of the off season - even better move than Shaq going to Cleveland)
- Cavs getting Shaq, which makes them the clear cut number one
- Celtics getting Sheed (note - they aren't resigning Powe and could lose Davis)
- Magic gained Vince Carter and got rid of Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee
- Pistons get Villanueva and Gordon (two blah pickups IMO)
I am surprised that the Bulls have not gotten anyone to help them out.