In a conference that can't have enough trophies, Northwestern and Illinois are trying what to call their trophy. If any of you can forward this to NU alum Colbert, please do. If not, I've got to say that Popcorn Bowl is hard to top.
Vote HERE if you wish.
- The Land of Lincoln Trophy - A replica of Lincoln's stove pipe hat mounted on a piece of White Oak (Illinois' state tree).
- President's Trophy - Recognizing the four presidents associated with the state of Illinois - Lincoln, Grant, Reagan and Obama.
- The Popcorn Bowl - Named after the Illinois state snack.
- Graham-Grange Fire Bell - The original series trophy started in 1941 was a fire bell named after two of the greatest players at each school - Otto Graham of Northwestern and Red Grange of Illinois.
- Suggest a name for the trophy