I'm going as long as we don't play in Portland. If they play in Portland it would easily be the most heart-breaking moment of my life. Portland, aside from being a 34 hour drive, starts on Thursday making it impossible for me to drive there. Anywhere else and I'll be there.
Also, for those that are interested, I emailed the AD and asked about student tickets. This was the reply:
"We're sorry, but we won't have information about possible NCAA basketball game tickets until Monday morning. However, information will probably be posted on the www.mgoblue.com website Sunday evening if Michigan gets picked for the tournament."
To me that's not a "NO." Which means it's probably a yes. Hopefully any priority for tix will be given to students who have paid for 3 years of heart-beak and misery.
My Destination Rankings:
1. Miami (No-brainer, still Spring break for some, WooHoo and the like)
2. Greensboro (Never been, right in the middle of hoops country)
3. Philly (Also never been. Off day trip to NY possible)
4. Boise (When else would I ever go to/through Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho?)
5. Dayton (Practicality the only positive, but a big one)
6. Kansas City (Meh)
7. Minneapolis (Meh and cold)
8. Portland (Would be #2 if games started Friday)