Our preseason magazine is back for a third year as an independent publication, and back on Kickstarter. It is the same 128 pages of twisted blue steel, containing a full team preview from me, opponent previews from Ace and a selection of the internet's finest opposing team bloggers, technical football stuff to thrill and amaze your friends (read: dog) with, a healthy slice of Michigan history, and profiles of Michigan Men.
- FULL TEAM PREVIEW: No, the offensive line page isn't blank. It's full of hope!
- OPPONENT PREVIEWS: The enemy in detail. Ace brings the sass.
- PINT A MINUTE: I am very proud of my Gallon retrospective title.
- DECLINE AND FALL OF THE B1G: How this happened and how to get out, maybe.
- NUSS FUSS x2: Doug Nussmeier's background, and a separate article from Space Coyote on what he wants to do.
- HALL OF THE HIGHLY TOUTED: Mathlete evaluates the most touted recruits in Michigan history, because Peppers.
- 1964 UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: Greg Dooley takes on a little-regarded portion of Michigan history.
- THE LAST BO TEAM: John Kryk on 1989.
- ORIGINS OF THE WAVE: A unique Michigan tradition, examined by former Daily writer Michael Florek.
- ORIGINS OF THE GAME: Craig Ross on the paleolithic.
This year we're offering a DRM-free e-book to everyone who purchases a physical copy. This should get to you as soon as we're done with the thing. Share it, sure. Please don't put it on Pirate Bay.
What about basketball and hockey?
We found that there was just barely enough interest last year to push the basketball and hockey magazine to even and that was after a national title game appearance. We're going to split that magazine out separately, because we probably can't justify printing it up again unless we hit a certain level we don't think we did last year. We couldn't be sure because we had one mega-kickstarter.
Our goal is to get an e-book of the same length out, with more expensive on-demand printing options for people who really really want a physical copy.
WHAT DO I DO NOW
Click a link! Any link. Not this link. But any of the rest will do. Like this one.