With Newsome backing off, I'm seeing a lot of conflicting theories and thoughts. This has me confused. Your task is to reconcile the following information for me into a coherent thought...
- Kevin Newsome doesn't want to come to Michigan because of competition
- This is inevitably painted as a bad trait - the young man doesn't want to compete for his job, and is therefore unworthy of being a Michigan Man.
- Tate Forcier didn't want to come to Michigan because of Kevin Newsome
- At the same time, people are excited that Forcier can now commit because he is no longer worried about Newsome. If we didn't want Newsome because he didn't want to compete with Beaver, why are we excited to get Forcier, who didn't want to compete with Newsome?
- Kevin Newsome is "Pryor"-like and likes attention
- Others are saying Newsome is a spotlight hog or something, and he wants to "string along" his recruitment like Pryor.
- Tate Forcier posted his recruiting letters on the internet
- He also lists "New Mexico" (which may or may not be a real university) as a leader. He is averse to attention somehow?
- Tate Forcier loves Michigan
- But he hasn't committed?
Now, it goes without saying all these theories are in no way based on any actual truth; rather they are just traits people have made up and assumed to be true. But, how does this fit together? How can you legitimately argue that Newsome is scared of competition and in the same thought endorse Forcier as a "gamer"? How can you say Forcier "loves" M so much, when he hasn't actually committed here? If he loved M as much as some say, why doesn't he just come here no matter who else is a QB?
A shiny quarter to whomever explains this all to me.