Tennessee is not recruiting well just because they got 18 dudes
Crude Bug Tracking
- Anonymous comments are not being saved.
- Many users did not get registration emails. (email validation now disabled)
- No real indication you've done anything when you sign up.
- comment showing options are confusing
- "new" post clickto is goofy when newest comments are first.
- Tabs are ugly for some users.
- New July 2. pale blue shows when there's side-scrolling
- "Useful Stuff" dropdown appears off edge of screen
- occasional CAPTCHA loop
- URLs not always auto-linking themselves in comments/diaries.
- Navbar doesn't work in IE6.
- "mark all read" broken.
- More space-efficient comments.
- stealth comments.
- rename "save" to something like "post".
- Load ads last to improve performance
- Have "more" link on message board tabs take you directly to board instead of landing screen.
- Create a "for Brian" checkbox on posts/comments/diaries for things that require my attention.
- Create mobile version.
- Recruiting wiki.
- Subscription infrastructure.
- MGoTorrents integration.
- Diaries homepage.
- Message board revamp.
- you don't have to preview comments or message board posts anymore.
- comment threading options enabled for message board
- Ticket ads now less ugly.
- Brian @ AOL posts now visible to plebes.
- message board restyled so it doesn't bleed into the right sidebar.
- Added "Hot" tab for message board.
- Fixed IE6 bug where content would end up pushed down the page.
- leaderboard ad centered.
- Killed the "ad takeover bug" by removing the code that delayed ad loading until end of page.
- Added "MGoElsewhere" block with useful links to the Fanhouse, Facebook, and MGo.licio.us, as some had requested their return.
- Deleted all accounts that had never been logged in and disabled email validation temporarily.
- Fixed MGoStore block.
- Made the "more" links in the diaries tab block work better.
- Fixed the Fanhouse links in the MGoElsewhere block, which had bombed out due to the Fanhouse revamp.
The ability to post external images/embedded multimedia in Diaries would be nice. Also, a tab at the top of the edit window which gives the option of wysiwyg/html like in Wordpress.
- You've got a password verifier that balks at anything that's not quasi-cyriillic as far as complexity goes, and then, once registered, your password is sent in *clear text* back at you. This is a bit ridiculous. If you want me using a strong password, don't send it out over the ether.
- The ad on the top of the page should either be centered or left aligned with the rest of the page content. Right now, it's off completely on the left and looks bad.
- The non-active tab background for the Diaries/MGoBoard/etc modules is a ghastly shade of blue that has nothing in common with the rest of the site and is distracting. I'd suggest dark gray or something similar.
- Once you've scrolled down past the point where sidebars end, post text just floats and looks sloppy. Case in point, the banner voting posts -- they're just a jumble of elements drifting off into space. I think the left and right sidebars should have a background color to them (super light gray or something?) that extends to the footer, so that there is some horizontal boundary to a post.
- Please please please have the new banner span the entire width of the header.
- The breadcrumb trail (e.g. Home -> "Crude Bug Tracking" should be in the center column, and not a part of the header. By which I mean it shouldn't push the left sidebar down, but instead should push post text down.
Otherwise, this site is a big improvement over the old one.
I'm using Firefox 3 on XP.
As far as the header goes - the gaping empty space to the right of the banner makes my manly bits go soft with rage. Especially since none of the prospective new banners integrate better than the current one.
In my first post (a comment in the"Perfect Weekend Trip to UM" thread) I didn't use HTML tags to create (about four) paragraph breaks because its stated this happens automatically. But I see my post is one unbroken paragraph.
The ad serving is broken - the page will load, and then when it comes time for the ads to be loaded, the page goes white and it's only ads. If you stop the page loading immediately after you see mgoblog content, you can still read the site.
I'm using XP with firefox 3
I am also having the problem with yardbarker ads on a white screen taking over the browser window after the MGoBlog page displays briefly. On Firefox on Mac OSX Leopard.
Also, more of a suggestion, but I wonder if there would not be a way to prevent the Popular and Hot tabs from becoming "All Time Most Read" and "All Time Most Commented" sections, respectively. Perhaps by having posts disappear off the "Hot" list after not being commented on for X amount of days, or in the case of the "Popular" tab, after not being viewed for X amount of days? I know it sounds nitpicky, but the features seem to already have lost their utility. Keep up the good work.
Yeah I'm having same problem with Yardbarker ads; I have Firefox 3.0. Was working good for about a week but today it's acting all jacked up
Content still pushed to the bottom for me... one time I opened the site and it wasn't, but other than that, its been pushed down. Of course, I'll not have to use IE6 ever again after the month of July, so it may not be worth your time.
ed - sorry, was having trouble accessing other pages of reported issues, so didn't see that this was already in.
as of monday 7/21/08 the content is being pushed to the bottom of the page in internet explorer again. it starts below your archive bar on the left hand side. thanks.
When I open the site in FireFox 3.5.4 it's not there. Just white space below MGoBoard. It is there when I open in IE8.
There is a cache problem with several of the older posts. The glitch is as of February 8, 2010. Anything created before that date might pose problems, but it's not a predictor either.
Every now and then, each paragraph of text appears as a single line running way, way off the right edge of the screen.
I get that a lot too.
I like clicking on the "Recent posts" link on the left sidebar to see what's new on MGo. But recently it will tell me that a new reply is in an old, old post, like stuff from July. Then I'll click on it and there is no new reply. What's up with that?
A total guess, but I think it may be a result of someone reviewing and posting anonymously (remember Brian set it up to have their ID as "anonymous coward" but it never worked and doesn't show up). The comment control program still counts these comments (thus show up as new) in the total number of comments, but they don't appear.
Hopefully, Brian will get this fixed once the season is over and he isn't working 20 hrs a day