Okay: we are in MGoBlog's annual season-over-I'm-burned-out period. Posting slows and for the next few weeks you're not going to get many 5000 word exegeses; I will get the OSU UFR done sometime before Christmas.
At that point I'll look towards the summer and various improvements that can be made to the blog. Last year's project was the move off blogspot to the current digs. This year's projects are still up in the air.
A list of things under consideration:
- The addition of a rating system for diaries and posters in general that will bubble high-rated things up to more prominent positions and bury low-rated ones.
- More prominent access to diaries and the like; a better page for each user.
- Creating a full-fledged recruiting wiki.
- Similar to the above, adding in player pages and so forth.
- A revamp of the comment system.
- Improving the interface for posting diaries and comments.
- Fixing the stupid bug that never sends emails to some people who register.
A couple things I'm committed do doing:
- Restoring tags to all the posts moved over from blogger and all the posts from this season I was too lazy to tag because Drupal made it a pain to do so from Windows Live Writer.
- Creating a local streaming video solution so I can host UFR clips without someone shutting an account down.
I know there were a number of complaints when the site first launched but I figured a good portion of them were just the natural tendency to hate change; anything that's still bothering you is an issue. If you've got something you're wishing for, leave a comment or send me an email and I'll add it somewhere on the list.
Oh, yeah: how is the performance of the site? It seems slow to me but has gotten better of late. Is it a problem for people?