In honor of his new video “7 Minute Abs” I present the 7 reason why I love Mike Barwis:
1) I love the new speed training. When opponents run 80 yards unimpeded into the end zone Stevie Brown is not the only Wolverine in the TV frame.
2) I love the new strength training because our arm tackling is better. This allows us to slow up the runner at the beginning of his 80 yard run. This helps number 1.
3) I love that we have more highlight clips of our strength coach than of our football team.
4) I love that we were not tired in the fourth quarter. We failed to score in the fourth quarter in half of our games, but at least we could run off the field.
5) I love that the highlight of the Wolverines’ 2009 Draft was that an un-drafted defensive lineman broke the record for number of reps at the combine.
6) I love that the strength and conditioning staff has finally taken a role in game planning. The staff’s input during the biggest game of the year had an important impact and the productive discourse on the sideline was a welcome sight.
7) When the NCAA implements “5 rounds in the octagon” as the method to resolve ties after regulation we should win a lot more games.