landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
Michigan's camp starts today and run's to the 23rd. I'm obviously not there, but here's who has told me they will be there at least one of the day. There is going to be a ton of kids at this camp, since it's back to being big and open to everyone.
- RB Juwan Lewis (5'11", 208 lbs) 3 star from Muskegon
- QB Austin Appleby (6'5", 228 lbs) 3 star from Ohio. Hoping to earn an offer.
- OL Steven Elmer (6'6", 297 lbs) 2013 prospect from Midland, MI. Just received his Michigan offer today, they're on campus. Already has Michigan State, Mississippi State, and Wisconsin.
- QB Brian Blackburn (6'5", 197 lbs) from Detroit might be there.
- DT Danny O'Brien (6'2", 293 lbs) 4 star from Flint. This camp could help him and Michigan get back on the same page. He'll be there Monday or Tuesday.
- OL Daron Brown (6'5", 312 lbs) from Detroit. Just received an offer from Akron to go with Buffalo.
- RB Alden Hill (6'2", 220 lbs) 3 star from Ohio. Hoping for a Michigan offer.
- OL David Dawson (6'5", 305 lbs) 2013 kid from Cass Tech. I'd imagine there will be more Cass kids like Kenton Gibbs, who will be there 20th and 21st, coming with him.
- DT Vontrell Williams (6'2", 265 lbs) 3 star from Illinois. Trying to earn an offer. The 21st is when he'll be there.
- Maybe: Michigan commit Anthony Standifer and his 2013 teammate WR Laquon Treadwell.
- QB Robert Gregory (6'3", 181 lbs) 3 star, teammates with Jordan Diamond is supposed to be there.
- DB Cameron Burrows (6'1", 175 lbs) 2013 prospect from Trotwood, Ohio. He isn't sure if he's coming or not yet.
- DE Matt Miller (6'4", 240 lbs) 2013 prospect. He's '11 signee Jack Miller's younger brother. I confirmed with Jack that Matt will be there. He said the coaches are interested in Matt and they're excited to see him at camp.
- RB/FB Wyatt Shallman (6'3", 245 lbs) 2013 instate prospect will probably be up on Monday to hang out. He won't be participating.
This is just a small list of notable people I've confirmed. I'll post them as I hear of more.
Our 2011 quarterback recruiting is still potentially not settled, but considering the current roster, the 2012 class looks to be the earliest that M would again be in the market for a long-term starter. Here's a look at some potential quarterbacks to keep an eye on in the 2012 class. These aren't necessarily prospects that Michigan is recruiting heavily, just names to keep an eye on.
|None||First 4 games of Junior season|
|Patti has thrown for 13 touchdowns to only 1 interception this year. He'll be visiting Michigan with his teammates for the Illinois game.|
|Ohio/Kenton||Ball State, Cincinnati, Missouri, Notre Dame||Sophomore Film|
|Mauk has a relationship with Brian Kelly at Notre Dame through his brother. His family has Michigan fans, but I think Notre Dame is in the driver's seat.|
|Hearing from Notre Dame, UCLA, Syracuse, Purdue, and Michigan. He wants to stay close to home, and has definite interest in Michigan.|
|Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, LSU, Oregon, TCU, Texas Tech, Others||First Game of Junior Season|
|Matt tore his ACL in his first game this season, but is going to be one of the best QBs in the country. He's interested in Michigan, and is hearing from them.|
|Teammate of '11 OL Chris Bryant and '12 OL Jordan Diamond.|
|Patrick is hearing from a lot of big time schools. Hasn't heard from Michigan yet, but is interested.|
|Former teammate of current Wolverine Cullen Christian.|
|None||Junior Season Opener|
|None||First 5 Games of Junior Season|
|Came to the Michigan/Iowa game. Teammates with '12 RB Will Mahone, and twin brother WR/DB Chris Davis. Versatile enough to play a few positions.|
Again, this is just a look at a few potential recruits. Michigan has obviously been in good contact with Nick Patti, and are in a favorable position as well. Matt Davis is an interesting recruit. He tore his ACL, but still has the top programs coming after him. Although he is from Texas he says he's wide open, and has definite interest in Michigan.