is there such a thing as an etsy genuis? if so, this is it.
I was perusing the prospective recruit profiles on Scout for 2013 and found this:
It is the profile of Cardinal Mooney (Youngstown, OH) Linebacker Courney Love. I don't know if he will get an offer... but I want the puns!
The Michigan-Notre Dame game under the lights was everything and more U-M, Dave Brandon, ESPN, et al, had hoped. I give you my positive and negatives of the night (in no particular order).
1) Weather – The weather was perfect. Rain remained in the forecast through the day, but it was dry, and, even better - not hot!
2) Pregame ceremony – The pregame ceremony at midfield for Desmond Howard was emotional for Des and his family kept the crowd pumped up just before kickoff.
3) The game – Despite Michigan's play in the first three quarters, the game ended up what everyone was talking about on Sunday/Monday.
4) Video boards – The video boards were INSANE at night. The image from the opposite end zone was as if I were sitting in my living room.
5) Lighting – The lighting on the field was incredible. In technical terms, the field is perfectly lit with the lighting falling off in the stands higher up. A darker background is necessary when flash cannot be used. The field was very evenly lit.
6) Michigan recruit Banner – Zack Banner was on the sideline just before kickoff. His eyes were WIDE open with a "wow" expression on his face the whole time. I took the opportunity to ask him if he liked what he saw. He smiled intently and kept POINTING (linked). I told him he is going to be a part of the largest crowd ever with at or near 115,000 fans. The look on his face became indescribable. Suffice it to say it was at least "wow" to the 10th power. I then told his mom I'd love to be taking photos of him as a member of the Wolverines. For the record, this guy is HUGE—as in LARGE—as in ENORMOUS! In another three years after some Michigan weight training... OMG!!
7) Atmosphere – The atmosphere for the first-ever night game made it the best atmosphere of any game EVER.
8) The fans – The game kept the fans in the stadium and remained full until after the game (as it should have been). The crowd was very into it. The fourth quarter was the loudest I have EVER heard at any game at Michigan Stadium. I heard of no negatives from Dave Brandon regarding inappropriate behavior from fans, as DB wanted Under the Lights to be a positive experience for the university. I think this experience will help bring another night game to Michigan Stadium next year. I know I want it!
9) Michigan – Great comebacks. Won!
10) Notre Dame – Lost.
1) Wave – There was no wave!
2) Scoreboard Stats – The space set aside for drive stats was too small. I am grateful they added the stats (which they didn't have for the Western game), but they need to <shriek> decrease the size of the video some and increase the stats bar so they can increase the font size of the stats text.
MGoBoard, I require your assistance. I once saw a video posted on the board which was a hilarious fake recruiting video. It featured a recruit who in every play was simply running off the field, standing on the sidelines, etc. I believe that I first saw the video summer of last year.
I've searched YouTube, MGoBlog, and the internet in general for this video but have been unable to find it. Does anyone know what video I'm talking about and where I can find it? I've referenced this video several times with a friend and he's expressed interest in seeing it.
Watching the USC-UGA game, and man do I wish we landed Marcus Lattimore. He runs with RAGE.